Is it really that bad at UHS?

Discussion in 'Universal Hospital Services' started by Anonymous, Dec 3, 2014 at 12:42 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was thinking about applying for one of the open Account Executive positions, but I'm having second thoughts after reading this message board.

Is it really that bad at UHS or are a few people just venting on this board?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Things are in decline - no one can deny this (even the poster who tells us to put our heads in the sand and keep working)
    Many people are leaving and they are not being replaced. Many AEs are being let go to provide lower cost solutions (no offense to you - reps with some tenure make more money, simple fact).

Also ask your interviewer (if you decide to pursue the position) how the HCA/HPG and Smith & Nephew losses will affect your territory.

My advice would be to look elsewhere if you can. Good luck wherever you end up!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love working here, I normally come on the forums for entertainment. Just like any place you find employment there will be bad people,times and so on, but there will also be great people, good time and you may find your career there. Apply for the job, see if it fits, it you hate it then leave. Either way, good luck to you.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't do it. You have to work with poop cleaners.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The "poop cleaners" are some of the best workers in the company.
    If the VPs had their integrity we'd probably be OK.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you have no other alternatives than apply. The on board process takes a lot of time due to the size of the rental portfolio and delivery/operations is totally out of an AE's control. This means what ever you maybe able to sell will depend 100% on others that are paid slighlty above minimum wage. You get what you pay for and UHS pays poorly.

I've worked with six companies in the past 25+ years and UHS is by far the worst run company with eroding benefits. Do not be suckered into what an HR or District Mgr may tell you. If you have a good, or a mediocre job, stay put!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd have to agree with the last post. UHS is not a great company to work for and management is, at best, below average. UHS has a great business model but as an AE you will never, ever be awarded for success. UHS management has a knack for dangling carrots to their AE's and then never paying out or changing the rules of incentives. Every time an incentive is offered people just laugh because they all know that they are being mislead, again. Overall, AE's are afraid, battered and reluctant based on years to abuse from management.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's not stop at the VP level.

Our DSDs are a rather scummy bunch also in need of an integrity upgrade. They do nothing and could easily be eliminated with a simple reorganization.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

UHS has long been the highest cost solution for the market. The issue now is the AEs and their managers do not have the courage to defend the price. The service difference between UHS and competitors is narrowing and price is becoming a problem.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it that bad at UHS? Upper management continues to fire DSD's that have the best sales numbers in the company. Larkin Frazier(former DSD) was fired yesterday. He is smart, analytical, commanded respect and was a good leader but maybe just a little too "dark" for upper management.......especially Jay Beller. Now UHS is going to have to find a new token that fits upper managements mold.....narrow minded, self interested, does whatever their told and looks like everyone else in the the executive photo.

Heaven forbid there be diversity in the management ranks..........after all it's only 2014!!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YES!!! Do yourself a favor and find a job elsewheres.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the advice. I've decided not to apply.

Good luck.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Btw, Larkin was grossly incompetent. Ask anyone who reported to him, worked along side him, or even occasionally communicated with him. I wouldn't hire him to sell shoes much less be a divisional leader. That guy couldn't lead bees to honey.

UHS is not without its problems but no company is. But it's better than most in my 20 years of sales experience.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

'''' But it's better than most in my 20 years of sales experience.''''

Yikes. Sorry you've had to work at bad companies for 20 years...

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Management is, was and will be below average. If I were to grade their competency I'd put it at a solid "D-". Larkin was a solid "D".

Now the new compensation plan will pay less, reward less, hold back money you have already earned and then one still has to wait for their individual plans. This company sucks.

Does anyone have any recommendations for new employers?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

try Hill-Rom or Freedom they are both taking our BIZ!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take a look at KCI. They have openings all over.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

D- is generous. This suggests they care about ethics. What sort of grade do you apply to jail worthy misconduct?

Foxes guarding the hen house.

Look for a company that actually produces something. Not one that is "vendor agnostic" = "eventually no one will partner with you". Used Car Sales.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There appears to be a ton of complaining and suck worthy people at this company. Reflects the leadership up top I guess.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know that there are a "ton" of suck worthy people, this forum shows that there is at least one. There are a lot of great people that work here, there is a lot of change going on, but for the first time in a long time, I feel that UHS is headed in the right direction.