Renua Medical

Discussion in 'Independent Medical Contractors' started by Anonymous, Jan 28, 2015 at 6:30 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just came across a company that claims great things with their medical diagnostic device. The company is http://www.renuamedical.com/ . They are located in Irvine, CA with HQ in Nevada. I checked out their YouTube video and the device seems to be bogus. By hooking up 2 electrodes to a patient's forehead, having their hands and feet resting on a metal plate, the device is supposed to test everything from brain function to your internal organs. I have sold medical devices for over 30 years and find this hard to believe. With this configuration, I know you can get an ECG rhythm strip and test for body fat.

The company's website and the first thing the video says is:
    “The information on this video is presented for informational purposes only and should not be considered as medical advice.
    The statements on this video have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.”
    I think that says it all. They claim there are 6 billable CPT codes and the doctors can make gobs of money. Promoting high reimbursement also seems something from the past.

I called one of their "managers" and asked him about it. He said his background was a school teacher and he didn't know much. Huh? He mentioned the company also sells a nutritional product for the patients. I asked him if it was a MLM company. He said "no". I found another local "manager" that said "It IS a MLM company".

Overall, I would suggest staying away from this product and this company. I found another post on "RipOff Report" that says the president changed his name and has already been dragged into court for fraud.

To make sure there is no scamming of the doctors (and make ethical sales reps look bad), I sent an inquiry to the FBI and CMS. I asked them to verify whether or not this product received the final 510k and their product has been assigned the codes they claim.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have you received any notification on your verification request. I have a friend who is strongly suggesting I get involved.
    Thank you

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am looking to come on board with this company. I don't know if they are legit or not.

We shall see.

Only time can tell.

They seem legit, but I need to get a professional's opinion.

The odds aren't looking too good, considering two people posted downing comments.

All that matters here is this:

THAT PATIENTS BE LOOKED OUT FIRST, BEFORE THESE SLIMEY ALLEWAY ENTREPENUERS. WHERE DID OUR MORALS GO? HEALTHCARE IS ABOUT RESULTS, NOT ABSURD QUACKERY INTENDED TO SQUANDER A MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS PRECIOUS TIME.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

These guys are NOT legitimate. I ran their monitoring product by a doctor friend of mine and it's snake oil. Don't get involved with these guys they are grifters and snake oil salesmen.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i was told that this is great. Anyone actually sell this device? If it's as good as they say why doesn't every dr have one?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I do NOT work with the company but am familiar with the technology. The company sells different medical devices so there may be confusion that it is one device but the technology is real and has an FDA 510K Clearance. The problem is that the device it is too expensive ($40K-$50K) for most private FP, IM or Endocrinology doctors and is designed for patients living with diabetes. It tests for Autonomic Nervous System (ANS), Sudomotor Function Testing (SFT) and newer devices include Ankle Brachial Index (ABI) which are all real evidence-based assessments and have over 5-years of CPT reimbursement history (also stay away from ANSAR and SudoScan devices that may be on sale because CMS has banned the products from use on federal patients). I would advise that you seek other company's that sell newer and better technology. Best of luck! :)

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The rep has called me about this machine. can someone call me at 6623241291 Pat Jones

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Renua’s equipment that tests ANS, ABI, and Sudomotor is way over priced. There is other equipment out there that is a much better value for customers. I am in the DC area and CMS is covering all 3, but you have to know the proper ICD-10 codes etc.

Wellness Screening likes this.
  11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I actually head up another company with similar technology from the same manufacturer. The technology started back in the late 90s with the ANSAR machine and codes 95921 and 95922 were actually invented for that device. With time comes more and better science and with that comes better/faster technology. With the craziness of the market, the days of 40k plus screening tools are over and Renua seems to be reluctant to adapt. I have a similar device with 4 FDA 510k approval that I sell or lease for way cheaper and it takes half the time for the MA to perform the test. I’ve been in the business for over 10 years and would never toot my own horn but I would consider myself an expert in this field. And have all the approved ICD 10 codes for each insurer and Medicare with proper CPT codes researched from a billing company I use. Their owner is a former MD turned healthcare attorney. I guess I need to start an account with this website incase anyone is interested in learning more about my device.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'd be curious as to what you sell. Is it made in Miami, FLA? I am selling one as well, much cheaper. You may call me at 4235802929