One Year Later

Discussion in 'ConvaTec' started by Anonymous, Jan 29, 2015 at 1:53 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A year ago Magilla Gorilla came to get me for a perp walk to his office where he gave me the news that the site was closing. The building was loaded with Security officers so everyone knew what was happening but when it finally came my turn to spend my last 30 minutes in Skillman filling my box with personal stuff it was really tough. Looking back now it’s still tough. Pretty much every day I still remember my coworker friends and the things that we did. Decades of memories don’t just disappear. But I don’t miss the years of ever increasingly ridiculous deadlines, the inept, incompetent, ignorant and sometimes truly vicious management, or the downright disrespectful way that people were treated. And I will never understand why anyone would think that running a company this way would result in a successful business. What the owners and management did to just flat out ruin ConvaTec was unforgivable, stupid and unnecessary. Counting the money won’t restore your soul.

If you were there a year ago then you know.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, that was the day when the true intent of the current ConvaTec was scribed in stone. The previous several years of the downward spiral became crystal clear. It was indeed the end of the company that many good people had given their all to make what it was (when it was great). Generally speaking, the majority of people still standing are either desperate, or in denial, some both. I left several months after the date Skillman II was closed. After seeing every manager I ever worked for or many, many years (all great managers), fired and almost every TM I had ever worked with either down-sized or jumped ship on their own. Most people that were not down-sized, wished they were.

I hope that every former ConvaTec person has found the happiness and respect they deserve. I like to step back and see how all the dots have been connected and be thankful, so thankful to be in a better place. Happy to be gone, so very happy. At the same time sad as I loved our products, customers and the great success we had when we were a Team. Products are no longer cutting edge, just commodities - just like the people of ConvaTec 2015. There is no longer a Team at ConvaTec as everyone is watching out for the person in the mirror. Very sad across the board.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That Magilla, Rog, was a total enforcer, and nothing but a bicep with a mission. Who hired that guy and for what. To crush us? Roger A had the audacity to ask me for a connection on LinkedIn. What a effing jerk. OK, yeah lets connect on LinkedIn, after you freaking fired me? What are you effing brain dead Arnell? Look between your legs. See that big thang? That isn't your brain, OK? You are in Human Resources? Unless if DP is a resource. Otherwise you are useless, ex-2 eff urself. ahole

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This joker is just another useless leftover stooge who adds ZERO value. WTF does Human Resoursces even do at this Company except suck up a big salary and facilitate layoffs.They can't even get the freaking benefits right. I mean really? You a-holes should outsource this simple task to someone with half a brain, maybe Forrest Gump? U S E L E S S and sinful. Im certain that not getting rid of this joker was an oversight.

Oh, Isn't HR supposed to post jobs when they become available??? WTF Roger??? (and not just give them to friends of JB and KB---EVERYONE knows this was going on). This guy needs to go---and how many of these bastards aRE STILL LEFTOVER? I mean really----isn't there an E T H I C S and compliance group at this place????? Ethics? really? When did Convatec get that? what a joke to even use the word ethics in the same sentence with this place. There has been such a flagrant disregard to ethics over the past couple of years that its a sad joke. This whole thing is disgusting ...MESSAGE TO PAUL.... FIRE THEM ALL.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

22 more casualties today. You mentioned management hiring their friends. Valentine fires Breton and hires Gordo, his pal from former job, and everyone hates him on that team. O'neil fires D White and hires his friend (best man at his wedding I hear), and yes, everyone I've talked to thinks he's an ass and hates him. Sad sad sad

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am disappointed about the strong bash RA speak. I strongly dislike him too. But the language above is over the top. Ex-Cons aren't like that. Screw Roger anyway.

I really want to hear how all the Ex-Cons are doing. Unload here... Please relate your experiences. En mass there is strength

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A year ago Magilla Gorilla came to get me for a perp walk to his office where he gave me the news that the site was closing. The building was loaded with Security officers so everyone knew what was happening but when it finally came my turn to spend my last 30 minutes in Skillman filling my box with personal stuff it was really tough. Looking back now it’s still tough. Pretty much every day I still remember my coworker friends and the things that we did. Decades of memories don’t just disappear. But I don’t miss the years of ever increasingly ridiculous deadlines, the inept, incompetent, ignorant and sometimes truly vicious management, or the downright disrespectful way that people were treated. And I will never understand why anyone would think that running a company this way would result in a successful business. What the owners and management did to just flat out ruin ConvaTec was unforgivable, stupid and unnecessary. Counting the money won’t restore your soul.

If you were there a year ago then you know.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really - 22
    Where were the lay offs? Field, RSM, Inside Team? I was kind of expecting a full reduction of the remaining CCC. Not that I wish for that but because they are getting leaner and expect that Wound TMs will be given CCC again and since our NSM is longer than Ostomy teams, I assumed it was to retrain and train everyone on the full line. Sad

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After reading this I'm kinda wondering if it should have been 23? Not the brightest bulb on the tree huh?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Were you 22 on the most recent shit-can list? Wouldn't surprise me if you were perp walked out years ago. Stay off this board, please.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What?? Who are you referring to as #23? That is ridiculous. Are you referring to the person who made the prior post? If so, I do not get it - they were not putting anyone down just asking a question. I doubt anyone would wish a layoff to anyone, even at ConvaTec. If they did indeed completely reduce CCC, I doubt those folks would be shocked as this IS CONVATEC, and they have been moving in that direction since the last round. and generally they (Convatec, just do not care as it is only business to them).

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, sure most of us could see the consolidation of the CCC business unit back into the Wound and Skin group, but letting go a 26 year veteran TM who stuck out the great, good and suck years with the company says all we need to know. It does not matter who you are, you are just a number and if that number ever fails to "add up", you are gone. Honest, good people have a hard time surviving here. We saw so many like this over the last couple years - really good, and great, long term employees shown the door. I know there are others that were let go that share similar w t f scenarios - I am so sorry, sorry for all of you. Best of luck in finding a better gig.

They had their list of "qualifiers" to decide who was getting the axe:
    did not make your numbers x years in a row
    lost contracts
    higher salary
    logistics to other TMs that could cover the area
    management just may not have liked you
    you do not kiss a s s (or you just don't kiss the right a s s)

maybe even a little "age" components that they would never consider out loud but it has been done here before. Heard RMS say stuff like "are they too old to do inserting, travel etc" really, it has been said to our entire group and to individuals when discussing current or potential reps. Really?

Bottom line. Just one more time I am sick to my stomach. Good Bye!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

error correction: too old to do "in servicing"

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Damn how many more people can they actually let go and still honestly run a business??? It was truly painful loosing my job unexpectedly last round of layoffs but waiting around in a deadend JOB wondering what's next wasn't much better sadly. I wish everyone the best and for those left just be smart and strongly consider your career options Convatec doesn't seem like a healthy place to hang your hat these days. Also, after making it to the final round of interviews three separate times I can tell you with absolute certainty Medical Device as a whole is in a very weird place many folks burned out and incredibly paranoid, just my take.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It appears that reps in California have not faired too well over the past year. This most recent down sized veteran from Sacramento area makes that part of California a waste land. Last year they lost two other long time, pretty darn good people with probably more than 10 years each at this company. It is about time we all take stock of this place and really start looking for our exit. If you are over 40 and have 10 or more years with this company, you probably have a nice little target on your back. Cost too much money when they can hire someone with lower expectations, no history and probably a little naive, maybe desperate. Someone that does not ask questions or make any challenges. Someone simply to have a job. Wow, what a great way to build a great company. Wonder why we cannot attract great or even good people anymore?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You jokers have hired a bunch of no experienced mediocre reps and the customers know this. Competitors are feasting on your company. Do you even bother to train the reps? I was let go last year and now working for your competition. I here you dumped even more ccc people. Thank you in advance for the bowel management business I am about to take from you.At least now I can make some money from the CON. THANKS AGAIN!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's amazing how badly these baffoons trashed this company, karma is a bitch and there will be a shit ton of good device Reps out there who will make it there duty not to forget. I'm guessing the IDN's will be keenly aware of this organizations transgressions moving forward making it very difficult to earn business. Well done Convatec, well done.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

re: Heard RMS say stuff like "are they too old to do inserting, travel etc"...........
    I know the word "inserting" was an error, but perhaps a subconscious one. Very funny and wonder what part of the country, inserting is part of the bone-us structure. Thanks for the laugh as we sure needed one!

19. DARK ANGEL

DARK ANGEL Guest

I left convatec about 4 years ago after suffering under the misrule of one of the many sadistic RSMs convatec employed--this monster has since departed to inflict terror elsewhere. Loved it here for many years but like many became saddened and dismayed as DJ allowed cruelty to flourish in the field destroying our morale, happiness, and futures. Even before the sale to Nordic and Avista the culture was growing toxic at convatec. How else to explain why pernicious characters like MD were allowed to maliciously ruin careers while advancing their own? Tragic how the old ConvaTec has been disemboweled to the point of extinction by bloodsuckers, half-wits, and the demented. Now with a pretty good company these past four years where I make a good living, where no one satanically and gleefully tortures me (torture pollutes the new convatec's DNA), where fear and dread are not my daily companions, and where I have no fear of random termination from a twisted cadre of perverted, soulless managers (like what you now have at the new convatec). Good luck, friends, things will be bright again, especially when you flee this charnel house.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it true that it is MANDATORY that we send a selfy video to be used for the NSM in San Diego about how much we love Convatec? Our manager said that we had better have a good reason if we don't send one in.. Just asking if anyone else heard that these rah rah videos were mandatory.