Interviews

Discussion in 'Verathon' started by Anonymous, Jan 26, 2014 at 3:35 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have an interview in the north florida market this week. Any insight into this particular market? Or what they are looking for and how I can set myself apart? Is it worth it? Important questions to ask? Anything else that would be helpful would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have to be joking. Have you not read ANY of the previous posts going back 6+years? Did you not contact the previous rep to get their perspective? Did you not research the lack of products they offer?

Either you are one of three things:

A: Troll
    B: Too lazy to read/research
    C: Too stupid to realize the job sucks

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While this may be a tough pill to swallow, it's accurate. Verathon is in a terrible place right now compared to what it was when I started 24 months ago. We have a lot of open territories, haven't had a viable new product launch in 5 years (aortascan and lyrette are both bad products). The turnover seems to be incredibly high and I am one of the most senior reps in PP. I have a decent territory but after 2 years its time to go as I am going back to docs for the 5th and 6th time to hear the same responses.

Good news is I make a decent living 80-100k and I don't work more than 45-50 hours per week and only have to do 5-6 overnights a month. Now that I have my 2 years in with decent #'s relative to the rest of the company I am getting with recruiters to get a new/better paying job. Make sure to make contacts within hospitals as that is the only way out of this type of business (most real medical companies look for hospital experience). My manager is an idiot but doesn't bother me too much like some of the micro managers in the company.

Bottom line is do your own research, I highly recommend going through LinkedIn and searching for current/former reps and explaining your situation. You are likely to hear a lot of horror stories ( Some territories are a joke and they don't ever stand a chance to hit their #'s ).

Best of luck with your decision.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What position in N FL? The N FL rep last year killed it. Good Luck!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Isn't Verathon out of business? Thought they folded up shop and let everyone go.