Linox Recall

Discussion in 'Biotronik' started by Anonymous, Jan 15, 2015 at 10:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's the deal?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your wish full thinking?.....
    BS

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If Durata has not been recalled then Linox isn't even on the radar.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Total BS!
    don't compare those 2 leads, Durata is by far the best HV lead
    in the market!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funny stuff right there.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a CRM rep, you morons that continually post this shit are morons! Linox isn't close to a recall. Every manufacturer will eventually have a few leads fail due to a number of issues in the human body. Bio has the least to worry about. Just review your history lesson for performance on all leads before throwing shit against the wall hoping it will stick...

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know a respected institution or reputable doctor that implants bio?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Crickets

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just as many shady docs use MDT, BSX and SJM and have unscrupulous business relationships with their reps from said three companies. Be careful of those glass houses.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ironic then that Biotronik are trying to do business with these same "shady" docs. Or is it because any self respecting physician who doesn't use Biotronik is automatically dumped in the "must be a trash doctor" box?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SMH.... What?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

St Mary's Hospital?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not in CRM anymore but I find these boards amusing. I spent 17 years with MDT and GDT and there 'shady' circumstances running amuck through all companies. I'm not at all saying that Bio is innocent or that they don't have a rogue rep here and there that goes outside of the lines but don't think for a second that the other 3 don't have the same. If you, your company and your products are so superior then go in and put a stop to it. If it is such an egregious set of 'shady' circumstances then do something. Lastly, quit your whining.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A well thought out and reasonable call for reflection....which is completely antithetical to everything anyone who bothers to post on here believes. If they were to behave like grown ups, would you have any real reason to come back here and peruse the boards?

No...the hilarity on here works on so many levels...one of the richer levels is the hypocrisy you describe. In fact, the only rep who is not actively hiding something is a former rep.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only thing former reps are hiding is what a total unmitigated nightmare it is to work for Bio. Ask any ex employee from any country and it's always the same - senior management do their damn hardest to make sure stability in the company doesn't happen. If something isn't going quite right then all hell breaks loose and people get fired off almost instantly just so someone can say "we did something about it" promising careers have been shot down in flames for the sake of petty bickering and infighting within the business and good people leave because there's nothing else left to do. Sod the leads being recalled, it's the company that needs recalling and fixing - top down.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same is true for all companies.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your comment holds no water at all....

I work in a lab and see all of the companies and here is what I see...

MDT - everyone seems to be overworked/burnt out and pretty much miserable. It seems to be a grind. Their management seems to always be looking for the replacement for the rep or clinical that is standing next to them because they push them so hard that at some point the will break and MDT knows that a cheaper field force is one way to increase profit margins.

SJM - a total CF. Their management doesn't trust their reps. The reps don't trust management. They are clinging to every bit of business that get and generally seem to be snakes.

BSX - they seem to be pretty stable. Looking for sub-Q to be the savior - not sure if that will happen but time will tell. They are also banking on their EP system which so far is a non-issue.

BTK - our BTK reps are pretty solid and seem to appreciate the business that they get. Of course, they want more but are pretty reliable and decent guys. Their management is a joke. It changes with the seasons.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My comment holds more water than yours - I know what I've seen and I've seen good employees railroaded out of BioT through absolute crap management. Not just reps either who get slung out to dry, office staff too. Ask any if your ex staff, I dare you.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

is incredible how biotronik is missing the field action on linox... have a check to the PPR and compare the actual PPR of linox with the riata one at the recall time ... so the issue of isulation breach of linox is over the riata rate at recall timeframe !
    come on ... there are patient with this terrible technology inside !!
    be onest and stop to claim the only company without recall on lead ..... you have to do it NOW !

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Long-Term Evaluation of Biotronik Linox and Linoxsmart Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator Leads

Authors: Eric D. Good, DO, FHRS, 1 Ivan Cakulev, MD, FHRS, 2 Michael V. Orlov, MD, PhD, 3 David Hirsh, MD,4 John Simeles, BS,5 Kelly Mohr, BS,5 Phil Moll, MS,5 Heather Bloom, MD6
    1University of Michigan, 2University Hospitals of Cleveland, 3Steward St. Elizabeth's Medical Center, 4Emory University, 5Biotronik, 6Emory University and Atlanta VA Medical Center

simple as that. over 4000 leads over 5 years