Anyone work for Zila?

Discussion in 'Dental Reps General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Mar 31, 2008 at 3:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone provide me with more details regarding Zila and their fluorides? The FDA really shut them down? .....Why don't they shut them down for selling a product that doesn't do what it says it does, that POS Vizilite?.....Anyway, back to my 1st question, what happened? When are they expecting to have inventory?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did little old Jeffrey put the smack down? Are you guys not allowed on the board anymore, did he threaten to take away your corporate computer or track website visits?

Doesn't anyone know what the deal is FDA and fluorides?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I dont know why anyone would let that little weazle control their life!!! This is what I heard...when Zila took over, they didnt keep up on the FDA regulations of the fluoride line, so when they came in for inspection, things werent "up to par" so...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How much longer can Zila really last?

Zila sees quarterly loss despite cutting costs

Zila Inc. on Monday reported that cost-cutting measures weren't enough to avert a quarterly loss as the company's sales declined amid a slow economy.

The Phoenix-based seller of an oral cancer screening product reported a net loss of $2.8 million, or 28 cents per share, on revenue of $9.6 million for the three months that ended Oct. 31. That compared to a loss of $4.9 million, or 55 cents per share, on revenue of $11.4 million, during the same quarter the year before.

CEO David Bethune said the economic downturn harmed sales as dental offices deferred equipment purchases and patients postponed discretionary services such as oral-cancer screening. Bethune added that the company will seek to further cut costs.

Zila had $3.2 million in cash at the end of the quarter, down from $4.5 million as of July 31.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So J Mazz has left the building!!! He quit in December. I wonder why the "manager" that speaks so highly of Zila thinks that is? I wonder if she'll re-evaluate her position and do the honorable thing and leave too.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I feel bad for the poor souls that get him next. They have no idea how miserable their lives are going to become. He couldn't manage to find his way out of a wet paper bag. He was a clueless POS. Good riddens.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I haven't applied yet because of what I read on here about Zila. Would you recommend staying away even if you really need something in the next month or so?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are salaries still only 40k? What is a typical first year income? From what I'm reading, I don't think I even want to apply.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hi there, I think the position were I am at was filled.
    but I think from what I gathered the 40k is still accurate and the co. is not doing well financially. As you probably figured out, not much activity on this board either. Good Luck. Do you have pharma exp or dental exp? If not, it might be okay for a short time until something else comes up if you need to take something and depending what you are making outside this industry. If you have something safe on the outside of pharma/dental and making good $; you may want to hold tight. So much is changing rapidly that this industry may not be where you want to be like in the past. I've already been part of a massive layoff and don't want to be again if I can help it.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Going Chapter 11

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have heard the same, terrible management

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Zila faces tough financial times
    3/18/2009
    By: DrBicuspid Staff

The current economic crisis continues to wreak havoc with the financial results of many dental product suppliers. One of the latest to report tough times is Zila, the manufacturer of the ViziLite Plus oral cancer screening product.

Zila announced this week that it failed to make a convertible note interest payment due January 31 and may have to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection unless it can resolve its debt.

Zila reported a net loss of $25.3 million on revenues of $8.5 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2009 (end-January 31), compared to a net loss of $4.7 million on revenues of $10.5 million in the same quarter in 2008.

The loss was due primarily to a $23.2 million noncash charge required under accounting rules, Zila said. The decline in revenues is being attributed to the global economic downturn and customer concern about its viability as an ongoing business, according to the company.

"We are making every effort to conserve our cash," said David Bethune, chairman and CEO of Zila, in a press release. "We have, among other things, continued salary reductions for a number of management personnel, further reduced headcount throughout the organization, eliminated the employee stock purchase plan and its associated costs, furloughed certain manufacturing production personnel, reduced the number of seminar programs and streamlined the cost structure of these programs, and reduced tradeshow expenditures."

As a result of the technical default and sales declines, the company stated that it has substantial doubt about its ability to continue as a going concern.

"In order to continue as an ongoing business and fund our operations over the next 12 months, we will require additional funds and need to restructure our senior secured convertible notes," Bethune said. "We have had discussions with a number of potential investors, all of whom have required, as a condition of their investment, that the senior secured convertible notes be repaid from the funds provided by the investor(s) and that this repayment be at a substantial discount from the $12.0 million principal outstanding to reflect what they believe to be the current market value of those notes."

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am an old "Pro-Dentite". I am one of the few that have been with the company for years and is still hanging in there. All of this makes me physically ill. I wish someone from Zila management would tell me what they were thinking when they purchased a company like Pro-Dentec, that was in the black and doing well, and took it straight down hill so quickly. I can't imagine what their reasoning was! It couldn't have been just a tax break. They 'said' they wanted our professional personnel then they ran almost all of us off. We were all trained extensively and properly. Zila will not allow that type of training. As long as the reps look like Barbie Dolls, they don't have to know anything. It's such a shame. Offices aren't so concerned about what the reps look like physically, as long as they are professional, they want to know what they can do for them. That's exactly what Pro-Dentec reps did. We were always there for our offices. Now we aren't allowed to be. If any offices are reading this, I'm so sorry! It is just sickening. If we could take care of you like we used to, believe me, we would! The few of us that still know and believe in Soft Tissue Management and the Rota-Dent and what it does for the patients and the offices are still trying to fight the good fight. Please keep us in your prayers.
    PRO-DENTEC FOREVER!!!!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

why can't you take care of offices? I"m confused what's happening?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah Zila sucks, they pay the inside reps even less than the outside reps. The office looks like a ghosttown. nothing but empty cubes. If I didnt desperately need the money for mortgage I would be gone. They set unreasonable goals, provide no marketing or support. They pay inside people in the low 30s. Place is a joke. Also they fire you the minute you speak up.

I just keep quiet and look for a better job.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone have any valid information on Zila's merger with Tolmar?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

they say will be done in sept
    if your a rep iwould recommend start looking

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would I start looking at a time when the light at the end of the tunnel isn't a freight train for once?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think the merger with Tolmar is good thing. Zila will finally have some money to work with. Tolmar basically bought a sales force to compete against Arestin.