Restructuring?

Discussion in 'Cadence Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, May 4, 2012 at 11:39 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Currently, there are 3 RBDs, 18 managers and 137 reps. What will consulting firm recommend?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

we have capacity as a sales force to take on a new product via a partnership.
    that says to me we need a partnership or less salespeople. only upper mgmt knows when that timeline needs to occur before the over capacity needs to be addressed or filled with a partnership

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, companies are lining up to get some of this great performance from Cadence.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly...lol...which obviously means cuts in salesforce...what we REALLY need are cuts in management! If the managers had more reps, maybe they wouldn't have so much time to micromanage the reps! 3 RBDs? Give me a break!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with above; way too much management; obviously micromanagement is a problem across the board and not just with my district; too much time with so many managers; reps can and will do their jobs; what management does not realize is that when micromanagement takes place, reps need to recuperate; that requires time off!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't wait to restructure my life with Cadence not a part of it.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You know what is really sad? These so called great managers literally had a year to work in territories before the sales force was hired. What the heck did they do? I can sincerely tell you that my manager did absolutely nothing in my territory and they had a whole year! You would think they would want to do a bit of groundwork. I truly mean this when I say that one day into our launch meeting, I knew I had made a horrible mistake and I found the leaders of this organization a bit shady.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Those who can do, those who can't, "manage."

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Totally agree with everything you said except the managers had at least a year and a half to do nothing. You're right a week in the field and I knew there would be pharmacy battle. They had upwards of 18 months and didn't realize this? One word = fraud. At least their options aren't worth shit.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You said it! I have absolutely no respect for any of these slimy crooks. I can agree with the other comments that my manager never once reached out to even one of my physicians or pharmacy and was completely clueless to the types of challenges we would have. They were lazy and arrogant.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My manager spent all his time trying to get him slimy little hands on all my records so he could copy them (while I worked for another company). I ignored so many red flags!!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That happened to me too!!! Well, live and learn. What a sleaze organization.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The history book says none of this should surprise us. Exception: extremely drunk on Cadence koolaid

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NOT TRUE. The DBMs spent months profiling customers and formlary stuff, so they did know docs and rx

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Going on the computer on finding doctors names is not exactly profiling them.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure they did and here we are.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My customers wouldn't even meet with my DBM. So how did he profile them? He called and asked me to set up appointments for him while I worked for another company.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mine as well, except he didn't leave his house. Some information was cut and pasted from the Internet, but for the most part all the reconnaissance was waiting for everyone in my district on to gather beginning on day one.