COT Question

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Apr 4, 2015 at 7:25 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a 27 year employee who is planning on retiring in 3 years unless we are sold. On 2 previous work contacts within the past 18 months my boss filled out a COT on me where they weren't even present. They just gave me a Proficient review. Was just curious to see if this is happening elsewhere in the country and if you would call the integrity hotline? If my boss is doing this to me he must be doing it to my counterparts as well. If proven, this is grounds for instant termination. Thanks for the feedback.

Hope everyone has a nice holiday.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would ignore it and count your self as lucky to not have to ride with your manager. You won't get fired for the rating and you are planning retirement in the near future. It isn't like you are looking to move up the ladder. Also count yourself as one of the lucky ones who got to stay in the same role for almost three decades without a promotion.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gray hair here , got to retire recently............they are weeding out the older reps.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just the ineffective, and honest, ones.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Managers and GSK are also checking extra (sometimes unobserved) COT boxes for minority females.....specifically black females. Ask around...it's a fact. The company is terrified that there will be a class action lawsuit by non-diverse employees. Cowards!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10 year rep. I reported my boss last year as i was tired of her bullsht. They did investigate and fired her 4 months later as she was doing it to half her reps. Still with the company.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Remember though -- COTs are scientifically proven to drive sales. Look at how well we are doing with ANORO and BREO. They are on track to replace ADVAIR sales by 2054.

Quit complaining and make sure to thank your manager for leading you through such a difficult time.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Couple of things to say. One, GSK is not being sold. Nice try OP. Secondly, COTs no longer matter. Jack B. Has made that crystal clear! There are managers out there who are unable to change. They continue this COT / PF mentality and to the detriment of there teams and themselves. Those TSMs who continue to hinder representatives from selling will be asked to leave the company. Either by giving them a gentle nudge or by force. If you have a manager who insists on focusing on COTs, turn them in!!!! Make your RVP aware!!! Managers have been told "explicitly" not "implicitly" to get out of the reps way!!! Any B.S. like COTs, simulations, Testing, etc are out the window. TSMs will be downsized next year anyway.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry..Their teams....thought I would self-correct before the grammar cops interject. Peace out!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Companies don't get to decide when they are being purchased. If ANORO and BREO haven't picked up by the time there's an ICS/LABA generic available -- and another suitor makes a deal that the shareholders favor... say hello to HQ in Northern NJ or NYC.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As soon as I get and cash my severance check I will be calling the integrity hotline as well to report my boss filling out COTs that they were not present at. Will even give them my name so it won't be anonymous as she made my life miserable for the last 2 years.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quite common, they deal with disgruntled employees all the time trying to get a teammate or boss in trouble........you are a nobody once you are gone......why worry with you ?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

COTs don't matter for 1S per JB. Let it go.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Too late. Just reported it yesterday. Has nothing to do with COTs. Its about lying and doing things that are not ethical. It's no different then cheating on your expense report. Kind of sad that you don't feel she did anything wrong.