STOP FAKING CALLS

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Apr 2, 2015 at 8:20 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gray hair back......good luck to all fakers...... think about this factoid..... in the past 5 years , I have seen 2 good reps [with kids about to enter college] lose their jobs; I have seen 3 reps in their 50's deselected with kids IN college , etc.

So, I pray you people faking it are under 30 and single with no responsibilities. Remember also that not many good companies hire deselected people. Go ahead , brag and use foul language kids. I have seen people ruined mentally and financially.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sales has been the ruin of many a poor girl, and me, oh God, I'm one.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Such a difference that exists between territories. Some people might still be able to see 8 HCPs/day and have some sort of short dialogue.
    Others can't have that many face-to-face even if they want to, but make an effort and then fake a couple plausible calls and still hit frequency targets.
    Increasingly, there are territories where even faking as much as is possible (on top of the legitimate calls you keep attempting to make) will not get you to 8. Or even to an average of 5! Think of what the access issues must be like to have many offices who won't accept samples or even literature, NOTHING, and yet the providers inside are on your target list! Then you have some new transfer or milk-sop counterparts/matrix partners who fake calls on these no-sees and never get called out for it. This is not theory, I am witness to it and have been for years.
    I hesitate to throw others under the bus because it is hard to blame the individual just trying to survive under a truly insane spectacle of a corporate system. I offer my new robotic FLL the opportunity to visit absolutely ANY office she wants, hint: pick them off my target list, but she has no interest. This is proof enough of management's complicity in this derailed-train that WILL CRASH SOON which we all have to deal with, albeit to different degrees depending on geography.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Management knows that call faking is a necessity to hit the call numbers that they push down to us. However, they don't have the guts to tell Witty and his crew the truth. So…everyone lies. Its not just here, though. My buddy at Novo Nordisk says its a real problem over there, too. "Pod people", she calls them.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

we need to get back to one person per territory selling model. I realize this will involve cuts but the current system is truly pathetic. one person in these current small hard to see territorys could easily sell anoro, breo, sample advair like crazy as a back up and also sample Arnuity , Flovent and Incruse. Also lets bring back some Ventolin samples which was a key door opener in many offices.

If and when they do this they need to guarantee whoever is remained standing after cuts that they will be around for 3-5 more years. no more lay off talk every year please.

IDN is completely ridiculous.no value.

Pharmacy- whoever took us sales people and all our relationships out of the pharmacys should be removed. we now have NOBODY calling on pharmacy with coupons , rejections, managed care info etc.. bad bad decisions.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Next up - My Customer list, where WE have some real say as to which HCPs we see. Is something changing as regards reach, and especially frequency? Does anybody know where this is leading as far as metrics and the dreaded KPIs?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Been doing this for more than 20 years. If I told the truth each day I would average 3 face to face a day and so would 95 percent of all and any reps, regardless of what company they work for. That is just reality and it is what you do with those 3 calls a day that matters. We are all in the same boat.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The board troll is easy to pick out. He uses the same lines all the time, like "PR", "EEOC" and the typical AW or DC diatribes.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

O/P here. Agree with you, but amazing thing is my FLL is not as berserk about it as before. Averaging 4-6 documented calls/day fairly consistently, with 2-3 during work trips and now the broken record of "you need to increase your call average" is not being played as much. Acceptance of reality? Change in the air? We shall see. My plan is to not waiver regardless of the pressure, and it has been a bit of a surprise to see the pressure ease up somewhat.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love AW and DC. Wish they were a team again. Then GSK would have turned around and be the great company it once was. Damn I wish DC was back.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I find myself lying more and more about my calls. I am up to about 70% fake calls now. It is now my norm.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I told on myself and other people that were faking calls at another Pharma company. I eventually got canned when I could not come up with the numbers. Other people that I told on are still working. I had to take a contract sales job while most of those other guys are still employed full time and making bonuses.

I feel good about myself. My mind and spirit are clear. I make less money but I should have never participated in fudging numbers and pretending to work hard. Money isn't everything. If you feel that you need to reveal the truth, do it. The consequences are small compared to the sense of freedom you feel.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unfortunately most of us have mortgages and kids to put thru college. Look what telling the truth got you. I've tried to tell my manger(s) about the lies that are perpetuated but they don't seem to care. I will even give a recent example: Live teleconferences. I have scheduled many over the years. Maybe 2% have actually listened to them. Of the 2% who have listened, all have commented on the fact that the data presented has already been covered by myself through detailing. Another sign that no one is listening is the fact that there are NEVER any questions from the supposed audience. These are national teleconferences for Christ sake! But company keeps giving us all those facts...reps who run teleconferences sell more...now, Ive never seen evidence of these facts, but that's what management keep telling us. It's a joke! GSK has been built on lies ever since SKB bought us. That's the truth! But then again, who wants to hear the truth? Right?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Teleconference..that's great if this was 1989...had plenty of docs just wince and grimace within 5 minutes of 'listening'...hit the mute, ate the sandwich, talked shop and thanked the doc profusely for at least signing up (brownie points for me and my DM who gets to report how great district is doing signing up teleconfs!)

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The company looks at what happens when an FLT is supposedly done. They can measure what happens when an FLT is done and usually the metrix (market share etc), whatever you want to measure, will improve. Is it because of the FLT? No, and hell no! The reason the measured metrix improves is because the rep did what that day? He did a lunch and actually had a good face to face discussion with the doc. Nobody even heard the FLT as it played in an adjacent room so as not to disturb the product discussion. So what you are actually measuring is the contribution of the lunch. Pharma, being deaf, dumb and stupid has never been able to accurately figure out cause and effect. This is another good example of which. As I often ask, "if an FLT is played in the forest or a doc's office and nobody hears it, did it really happen?"

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cry Cry Cry Nobody's listening !

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Even this is a lie. Remember it was a 60/40 merger, and the 60% partner was Glaxo. The 1st thing SKB did was to get rid of the Glaxo finance people; probably because they had just proven how inept they were.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BIG pharma , what a God awful way to make a living , leave while you have a tiny piece of spine left

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It can't be any worse than working in used car sales like you do.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And you wonder why companies outside of the industry will not hire 95% of you.