Patient First dismantling

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Mar 24, 2015 at 9:57 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It sounds like Patient first is slowly going away to a better plan. Between the survey results and how many people requested to be severed in this recent round of layoffs the message was heard by the executive team. Things must change to return to a positive culture that produces the best results. Now we see things changing. It was a painful ride over the past 5 years or so. Now we are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. The leadership team wants a positive environment that gets employees excited and rewarded rather than beat down, focused on the wrong things and emotionally drained.

Can we get an AMEN! This is what employees have been hanging on for. Everyone knew that it could not last. Well almost everyone.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really hate to see PF end. Great idea. What a shame the sales force did not get on board and and do their job. What a bunch of losers and whiners.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lol! you must be the architect of the program. Cant take someone calling your baby ugly? Ever since it came along good sales people, mid level managers and Regionals have quit citing this as a motivating reason. Sales volume has suffered. Launches had very slow uptake. The culture has been taken to new lows. Even wall street analysts starting reaching out to former reps to see what the impact of this program was having on the floundering sales. This is finally all going to be behind us. Good things are ahead for this company with some new fresh actions being taken by some good positive leaders. Leaders who are flexible and want to grow the company while helping patients.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Communism is also a great idea in theory.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

End for who? Managers who started PT's Firsts waaaaaay after reps? Well, good for them I guess. More time for them to micro manage senseless visual controls and other nonsense. Excited? No. nearly nothing can turn this titanic around.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How can they listen to a survey that they canceled?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hahaha

I just LOVE watching this company burn to the ground. It's like watching a rudderless ship with no one steering.

The PR drivel on this board is beyond hilarious as they desperately try and save face after watching PF collapse. LOVE IT! Please keep posting more. I'm crying I'm laughing so hard!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How can they end this remarkab legacy of DC's genius?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is my 18th year, and anyone who has been in the field that long has seen a huge amount of BS, with the last 5 years being the absolute worst. We have been told before that the "reset button" was being pushed. We may finally be at that "reset point" for real, but I'll believe it when I see it. For starters, our FLL needs to stop micro-managing idiotic frequency and P2P metrics on flawed target lists in territories which have serious access problems.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Even as PF goes the way of the DoDo do you think GSK will still pay people more or less based on race and skin color?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PF is more likely to go the way of the dildo

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ok so positive change is on the way? ... maybe ... but still waaaaaay too managers doing waaaaaaay too many ridealongs, can't new mgt see this is still the same micro mgt style that is de-motivating even if COTs are simplified these mgrs are programmed to think their job is to critique reps or sell for the reps. Increase the span of control for mgrs to 14-16 reps. Get out of the way, we know how to get it done whether you want to believe it or not and we don't need the babysitting, you are sitting on my desk and keeping me from working for real.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spot on #12, Binders, workbooks with 16 tabs of trackers, MC trackers, KPIs, and on and on. Micro-management is so bad in Gen Med it will sink it even without PF testing. Selling is selling and always has been about the same. Everything that GSK corp pushes down and managers ask reps to do gets in the way of having the time to build good relationships with customers and their staff.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We have not heard Witty talk about patient first and the world wide rollout lately. He was a huge fan of patient first and the decision to go down that path had to be approved by him, last I checked he is still CEO!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nothing is changing! They are only going to redefine MCE and patient first. It's all about the appearance of listening. They are only circling the wagons and coming up with approved solutions and how they align with the field's concerns.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep PF, bring back DC, keep AW, and GSK will prevail. Long live PF.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spoken like a true competitor. This has been a competitors dream.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Honestly, it really doesn't matter what they do now...it's too late. GSK will not be a company in 2-3 years. What's left? Vaccines and consumer? And no pipeline to speak of? And appointing JB in place of DC? Really?

It will be parted out and sold off. Very sad. It is criminal what "leadership" did to GSK over the last 5-6 years.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Honestly, it really doesn't matter what they do now...it's too late. GSK will not be a company in 2-3 years. What's left? Vaccines and consumer? And no pipeline to speak of? And appointing JB in place of DC? Really?

It will be parted out and sold off. Very sad. It is criminal what "leadership" did to GSK over the last 5-6 years.