Interviewing with GSK

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Apr 17, 2015 at 7:50 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am interviewing for a position with GSK. I have been told not to work here because of the way the bonus is structured...Tests?? How are these tests structured and for those of you that are GSK sales employees would you recommend this company?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Prior to your starting this new thread with your question, you need to read through some of the other threads. After having done so, I am sure the answer to your question will have been given! But to answer your question directly, turn away and run as fast as you can from GSK. The Rep job with GSK is a dead end. Everyone in both respiratory and CVMU are living on borrowed time. Within the next three years the GSK sales force will be a 100% contract sales force! And yes, I am a field sales force, long time employee of GSK!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is true and very wise advice, if you want a true career in pharmaceutical/biotech - heed the above warning/advice, GSK will not help in building a strong career. It is sad to admit this but it is our reality and one we probably all have accepted because of obligations to our families. Good luck to you, keep looking elsewhere if you can.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look GSK management top to bottom is FUBR!
    I would not work here if given the choice. Been here for too long.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get lost RIFd troll

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SPOT ON! it built a strong career for me as I climbed the ladder to NAM & retired at age 48--gone days-no more ladder-hire MM from outside I hear. you can secure the job I am fairly sure if you promise your pizzas will be piping hot when delivered and you offer to wear a pizza hat and put slices on plates for staff. Only way.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Former employee here. GSK is a good company. Like most, it has some issues. However, on balance, it is a good place to work. If you are not happy, go find a place that will make you happy.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha! FORMER employee, currently clueless as to what the issues now really are. Yes, some things change and not in ways that one would expect

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Poster #1- whatever you do run don't walk away from GSK as fast as you can. The bonus structure is the LEAST of the problems at GSK. F'd up clueless management is the biggest reason. Ask ANY GSK rep and they will tell you what a Sh*#Hole this is. You've been warned.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been waiting for an interview. Have 12 years experience in the areas of the job and and the very geography where there was an opening. Not even an interview! Awards and great ranking so what is GSK looking for?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dunno. Diversity perhaps?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And we can expect that you will be handing in your resignation this week since you hate it here so much, right????