Joined in 2004 and after

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Anonymous, Feb 26, 2011 at 5:11 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thousands of worthless stock options will be expiring 3/15 because our talented management team can't get the price above $58 (after trying for seven years). Pathetic.

Why does ML keep sending those notices "your options expire soon"? NO $*iT!! Do you think I WANT to wait until the last day to exercise these? If only they'd be worth something...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you could have sold when it was in the $80's, but you got greedy.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The last time it was in the 80s was 2005, That's pathetic, not greedy.

Management gets their shares, up or down!

COMPARE: Microsoft gave options, they failed, they gave stock, that failed. Then, they gave dividends, just about enough to buy a box of Kleenex. The only way we will get more bang for our buck is a nice dividend, at least 2% or better.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A dividend. Exactly what Amgen needs. Why doesn't it have one? Does it think it's a growth company? Not this behemoth. Not anymore (x 5-10 years)!

Bring on a DIVIDEND!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Also, if you are a level 6, you are getting royally screwed. Change in options/grants as part of total compensation. I think they actually trying to make Amgen a horrible place to work...wait, it already is.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep the management and you keep the status quo.

Why do we have so many board members that DO NOTHING? From my perspective, they are there as so-called impressive background fixtures that require financial oiling. The puppeteer is the Chairman of The Board.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I happen to be a Level 6, joined in 2004 and can truly say we are being royally screwed with the exercising of options that have remained at 0$ for the last 4 yrs or so. ML sucks as well! To top it all off I am noticing layoffs of baby boomers for elaborated reasons that are not true. We have a Site QA head who is accused of lying, hiding info, and ignoring dosage mix-ups of drugs like Paxil. Hello? The whistleblower finally got $96 million in indemnization after 7 long years. AR put Glaxo down the tubes and now AML is looking like it will also fall in the same sad state. Where are the Federal Marshalls at?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Open the book, and I would not be surprised what I would see. 90% of these posts are negative. I have to conclude that Amgen has a lot of very unhappy employees. What I don't understand is, nobody has complained about their salaries.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

we dont comaplain about the salaries, because thats a given - we all know our salaries suck

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I want more money for playing soccer.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You know...I'm not unhappy with Amgen and what it represents. What I am sad about is observing how greedy, postion seeking individuals are making this Company just like all the others. I love my Company and I am seeing how the Management (so-called because what do they manage? Their own interests) is getting rid of all those who are not on their teams. It's not about WHAT you know and how it can be of mutual benefit, but WHO you know and how you can be of benefit to the "Figure heads" and thus yourself if you "belong"...sad but true.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You know...I'm not unhappy with Amgen and what it represents. What I am sad about is observing how greedy, postion seeking individuals are making this Company just like all the others. I love my Company and I am seeing how the Management (so-called because what do they manage? Their own interests) is getting rid of all those who are not on their teams. It's not about WHAT you know and how it can be of mutual benefit, but WHO you know and how you can be of benefit to the "Figure heads" and thus yourself if you "belong"...sad but true.