Why can't sales deliver the numbers

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Anonymous, Feb 9, 2011 at 9:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We have the best drugs and we aren't making numbers. Why? We need more DMs and more DM ridealongs

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And more role plays and high-impact questions!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The problem, as always, is leadership. That starts at the top. Replace people at that level (VP) and watch the vials start flying off the shelves!

Fear and intimidation does not leadership make...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Along with incompetence and dillusional insights.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CT has said or done anything that gives me confidence he understands what we go through. I am lucky that I have a DM that is reasonable. What is it CT say, lead motivate inspire, nice words but he can't do it.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amgen has become a joke

No one wants to work here any more, and the fact of the matter is Amgen has become a joke of a company to sell for. We did well with contracts, but when we have to sell products that are more in the commodity field (which is where all of our products are heading, at least the Billion dollar cash cows), we aint gettin the job done.

Kevin S. has got to go. Biotech has sailed by that sailor long ago. CT is, well, enough said. Bozo in Corp Accounts is over his head.....

No one wants to hire Amgen reps either. We are stars when we get here, and NO WHERE to go when we want out.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Chris equals terrible, can't anyone in HQ see that. He is our ongoing joke out here be passionate !! Give me a break

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We need NEW management top to bottom, not griping about who does a poor job. These people are lead by their superiors and frankly, may very will be afraid of being fired. Amgen has reached a turning point and I hope it's up. If you judge the stock price as an indicator of the future, (which it generally is), we aren't held in high esteem.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Instead of doing all the BS role plays and high-impact questions that the marketing/training people thinks will work, try asking the successful people. Example, how did you go about opening 60 accounts, how do you get doctors to order 10,20, 30 +, how does a pharmacy pull through sound like/looks like, what needs to be on the prior auth to get approval, TAR process....

I learned so much from just sharing best practices vs. the Role play crap and freaked high-impact questions. It is a joke and when will management get this?

Get me out of this hell!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In the past our products were monopolies. Now with competition we need to develop a new set of skills. Dmab should be selling through the roof but the PMO group is weak. One injection every 6 months or a zillion pills. The docs should be clammering to get more dmab. Eventually we will learn to be competitive and sales will pick up.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Amgen has become a joke

Who do you work for?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Overpriced
    Overpromised
    Over-promoted

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lay the blame squarely in the lap of Kevin and Crew. He and the board need to be replaced. They keep adding impressive names that do very little, as history has shown. I would love to see the votes on major decisions.

Bring back the George Rathmann mind.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Guess howmuch the board room table cost?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Too much knowing kevin. The reason for sales lag is the price.