Tips for computer time stamps

Discussion in 'Procter & Gamble' started by Anonymous, Nov 1, 2005 at 11:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    The point of the post is to help out with the computer time stmp. If you have ideas post if you dont dont bother. There is lways one to fuck up the works and turn this into a fight, most ofthe time they are from shall we just say NY!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my God go back to college and learn how to spell you complete loser!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Basically, yes. Make it there before 9. There is no 9 or 10. 8 am is your first call. Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]
    This is the most moronic and insane expectation. It is idiotic, illogical and unreasonable to expect reps to consistantly, day-in and day-out register a call (a sample call) at 8am, regardless of travel or family obligations. Doctor's are not in the office or aren't seeing reps at this hour. It can take hours to get to your routed destination. Children can not be placed in daycare/school at 5am and retrieved at 7 pm to accommodate this "requirement". I am not suggesting that it can't be done occasionally, but not every day. To ask this of reps routinely is asking reps to lie (can you say PVP's). It seems that the statgey is to run people off to thin the herd, especially in light of pharma's dismal future. So, my advice: play the game and post your resume to monster, yahoo hot jobs, medzilla, etc. This boat is not unsinkable. Don't wait around listening to the band and go down with the ship. You can bet I'm looking for an out. Why do you think I'm posting at this hour? I had an interview with another company today. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

good for you - all of us will be beter off if malcontents and whiners just go find another job. jesus christ, it's a free country. you spend so much more energy whining and complaining than just deciding how you can make it so that you can be a productive employee here like a lot of other guys. how come not everybody complains? because they're newbies and all they know is put in a 8-hour day, period. for you guys who've been in the filed 4-5 6 years, you're shocked that now you'll have to account for your time. no more gym time in the middle of the day; long lunches; afternoon matinees with girlfriends. hey, this is the life now. get used to it or go find another industry and job. me, after college i worked at enterprise rent a car, then at fleet bank as a director, and now as a drug rep - i'm used to full 8-hour days and this deal at PGP is really heaven compared to full 12-hour days (including train commute) at the bank even though i had a title and a secretary, the pay is the same. so, go to that other job.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Basically, yes. Make it there before 9. There is no 9 or 10. 8 am is your first call. Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]
    This is the most moronic and insane expectation. It is idiotic, illogical and unreasonable to expect reps to consistantly, day-in and day-out register a call (a sample call) at 8am, regardless of travel or family obligations. Doctor's are not in the office or aren't seeing reps at this hour. It can take hours to get to your routed destination. Children can not be placed in daycare/school at 5am and retrieved at 7 pm to accommodate this "requirement". I am not suggesting that it can't be done occasionally, but not every day. To ask this of reps routinely is asking reps to lie (can you say PVP's). It seems that the statgey is to run people off to thin the herd, especially in light of pharma's dismal future. So, my advice: play the game and post your resume to monster, yahoo hot jobs, medzilla, etc. This boat is not unsinkable. Don't wait around listening to the band and go down with the ship. You can bet I'm looking for an out. Why do you think I'm posting at this hour? I had an interview with another company today. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

good for you - all of us will be beter off if malcontents and whiners just go find another job. jesus christ, it's a free country. you spend so much more energy whining and complaining than just deciding how you can make it so that you can be a productive employee here like a lot of other guys. how come not everybody complains? because they're newbies and all they know is put in a 8-hour day, period. for you guys who've been in the filed 4-5 6 years, you're shocked that now you'll have to account for your time. no more gym time in the middle of the day; long lunches; afternoon matinees with girlfriends. hey, this is the life now. get used to it or go find another industry and job. me, after college i worked at enterprise rent a car, then at fleet bank as a director, and now as a drug rep - i'm used to full 8-hour days and this deal at PGP is really heaven compared to full 12-hour days (including train commute) at the bank even though i had a title and a secretary, the pay is the same. so, go to that other job.

[/ QUOTE ]

All that job experience, all those brain cells, yet still can't spell or write for shit. Thanks for your input, I'm sure you are quite effective on a daily basis as you are proving how much time you can put in the field, blindly following every lemming jumping off the cliff.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All that job experience, all those brain cells, yet still can't spell or write for shit. Thanks for your input, I'm sure you are quite effective on a daily basis as you are proving how much time you can put in the field, blindly following every lemming jumping off the cliff.

[/ QUOTE ]

and which spelling was that? and yes, i'm quite effective, making pacesetter every full year i'm here, and in the top 10-15% in the nation on all sales fundamentals measured; and i put in no more than 8-9 hour days including e-mails and planning, and trips to the storage place. i'm not concerned with time-stamps because guess what? they only look if you are consistently down in the dumps with your numbers. you have to work smart, know technology, and work to develop strong relationships with customers and staff. i'm a newlywed with a child, and my wife also works full time but at home, our time is spent with the baby and with each other. hey, life is good. there are no leemings jumping off cliffs - whatever that means. you've got your idioms fucked up.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's all anyone else is bitching about. No one is trying to not work, we're all just trying to work only 8-9 hours a day including emails and storage unit. And, still spend time with our families and have time to take care of ourselves, too. You're the asshole for suggesting that everyone who doesn't make president's club isn't working. Ever heard of managed care? Must be nice to live in a state where you can get your product written. Everyone on my team works very hard, goes to rounds, does dinners and lunches, will show up at 6 am or 5:30pm for appts with drs that won't otherwise see a rep. However, we feel big brother on our back all the time. You are some arrogant piece of work.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and which spelling was that? and yes, i'm quite effective, making pacesetter every full year i'm here, and in the top 10-15% in the nation on all sales fundamentals measured; and i put in no more than 8-9 hour days including e-mails and planning, and trips to the storage place. i'm not concerned with time-stamps because guess what? they only look if you are consistently down in the dumps with your numbers. you have to work smart, know technology, and work to develop strong relationships with customers and staff. i'm a newlywed with a child, and my wife also works full time but at home, our time is spent with the baby and with each other. hey, life is good. there are no leemings jumping off cliffs - whatever that means. you've got your idioms fucked up.

[/ QUOTE ]
    What's a LEEMING?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A lemming: a small rodent in Europe that is best known for following those ahead of them into the sea in vast numbers and are drowned.
    It seems the reference of the above writer is suggesting that upper management here is leading us over a cliff and into the sea and to stay on is to be doomed, thereby making us lemmings.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Boy that is sharp. And the person complaining about spelling has never learnd tht some wrds can be shrtnd-dah

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    That's all anyone else is bitching about. No one is trying to not work, we're all just trying to work only 8-9 hours a day including emails and storage unit. And, still spend time with our families and have time to take care of ourselves, too. You're the asshole for suggesting that everyone who doesn't make president's club isn't working. Ever heard of managed care? Must be nice to live in a state where you can get your product written. Everyone on my team works very hard, goes to rounds, does dinners and lunches, will show up at 6 am or 5:30pm for appts with drs that won't otherwise see a rep. However, we feel big brother on our back all the time. You are some arrogant piece of work.

[/ QUOTE ]

arrogant piece of work indeed - our leadership knows which territories are having problems with managed care and which benefit from them e.g., tennesee, nevada, and boston on the negative side, etc what i don't understand is the constant bitching about putting in 8 hours in the field. you must be a liberal-democrat. it's always somebody else's fault - never yours. all i'm saying is work the 8 hours that is a job standard these days as can be observed in the software, and you'll be fine. my territory is very average, my boss knows my work ethic including the fact that i have a child and attend grad school at night, and i'm not concerned with time stamps. the only guys who should be concerned are the slackers. there were a couple on my old team and they're gone now. in the next 10 months they will reduce the force by 200, and the reconfigured force will be "lean and mean", with one group selling tier 1 docs, another calling on tier 2-3, and another just sample droppers making 18-20 calls/day . guess what the criteria will be as to your next assignment - yup, the ops managers will grade each of us on ability, and not standing versus goal, or managed care. those who will be amongst the 200 who will be asked to walk, you know who you are.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Give it a rest you know it all female-I am sure.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WOW you are angry. Not getting any from your wife?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wonder if they'll take any volunteers for "walkers"?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

maybe

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    It is idiotic, illogical and unreasonable to expect reps to consistantly, day-in and day-out register a call (a sample call) at 8am, regardless of travel or family obligations. Doctor's are not in the office or aren't seeing reps at this hour. It can take hours to get to your routed destination. Children can not be placed in daycare/school at 5am and retrieved at 7 pm to accommodate this "requirement". I am not suggesting that it can't be done occasionally, but not every day. To ask this of reps routinely is asking reps to lie (can you say PVP's). It seems that the statgey is to run people off to thin the herd, especially in light of pharma's dismal future. So, my advice: play the game and post your resume to monster, yahoo hot jobs, medzilla, etc. This boat is not unsinkable. Don't wait around listening to the band and go down with the ship. You can bet I'm looking for an out. Why do you think I'm posting at this hour? I had an interview with another company today. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Take it from me...I worked 40-50 hours/week-and they still threw the PVP's in my face for the above reasons- forcing me out. Thank God for slamming this sinking ship's door in my face!!! There ARE bigger and better things out there for the real reps than P&GP. [​IMG]

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DRONES. P&G IS THE GREATEST. THEY CAN DO NO WRONG. WE DON'T NEED A PIPLINE. WE CAN CO-PROMOTE LIKE PDI. 15 CALLS A DAY IS EASY. I WISH I COULD WORK 18 HRS A DAY. I LIKE PEOPLE MONITORING WHEN I GO TO THE BATHROOM AND MAKE PERSONAL CALLS ON MY CELL PHONE DURING WORK HOURS. TIME TO PLUG MY ROBOT ASS BACK IN THE WALL AND RECHARGE FOR TOMORROW. BYE

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

my ma(nager) just informed me my times have improved, 1st call right around 9am, last call near 4pm...however, nothing between 10 and 2? manager suggested I look at my routing to make sure I'm limiting travel time between calls in the middle of the day...I laughed so hard, it made me gag and I vomited all over his shoes...then he wanted me to drop him off early! I'll have to remember that when I have an early tee time!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

P&G should have NEVER entered into the pharma arena. For being such a great company on the consumer side, the pharma piece is seriously lacking. Because of their HUGE preoccupation with being politically correct (BSO, Latin whatever, Asian blah) they have lost sight of hiring and KEEPING REAL TALENT. If you're a white male at P&G TODAY, you'll never be promoted from rep level. The top of the food chain are a bunch of phony baffoons and Stedicor but the dust. Actonel will get murdered by generic Fosa, on and on, no bonus??? P&G pharma is the scar on the face of a great company. They should just give up!!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone hear the new stat up has a clock watcer in it?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All over paid & lazy pharm reps should be fired because they hate to work but are delusional enough to think they should be paid the big bucks & replace them with young grads & pay them 28K. They would be happy to get a job out of college & it should be considered an entry level job because it's easy & a stepping stone to a real job later. Then the pharm companies would be happy to keep replacing them every 3 years when they move on to real jobs with more fresh grads at 28K again so they never have to pay them an experienced level pay. Then they wouldn't waste so much money on lazy slackers & they could reduce the cost of their drugs which no one can afford nowadays & then generics wouldn't be such a threat if prices were more reasonable. Is being greedy & a whiner & lazy & a liar all prerequisites to being a pharm rep? Not to mention being verbally abusive & foul-mouthed? You should all be on time clocks because you think 8 to 5 is torture when it has always been the mandatory minimum. Do you realize how many people work overtime & do not have a cow over it? Got any ethics outside of your work life either?