Tips for computer time stamps

Discussion in 'Procter & Gamble' started by Anonymous, Nov 1, 2005 at 11:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

any suggestions? anyone fired?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Make calls early and late!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you get your work done each day, does time really matter?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree but does the company monitor what times you are getting stamped unless there is reason for suspicion. What are the call expectations per day?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

9calls per day minimum. Reports are run and shown at meetings with average 1st and last call time. Reports are also run showing average number of hours in the field, goal is 8 hours in the field for 100% of reps 100% of the time by next spring. This company is not normal pharma. There are issues so all the pressures are put on the reps.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what if you have a breakfast and see 5 docs, then go next door and see 5 more? Done by noon? How does this work?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

better find some more docs. It's not about efficiency or good planning, they want to see mindless activity

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't see the problem, they want you to work an 8 hour day. They are paying you for an 8 hour day. If you have 14 calls in for the day and 3 hours to spare, go set-up a grand rounds, reserve time for someone to speak at a large office staff meeting or reserve a table at an upcoming educational event (I could go on forever). My God if you people would put as much effort in to doing your jobs as you do trying to avoid it, you all would millionaires!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AMEN to that! It is crazy how people really try to work the system. Reps make great $ for what they do.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They want the 8 hours in field only, not setting up grand rounds, learning your clinicals, calling to set up appts and lunches, organzing dinner program or analyzing new sales data in territory to come up with better pre-call plans. You two certainly are spending your 8 hours in (10 am and 4 pm postings). So much for 8-5.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am in the GO Jackass! I was trying to get you idiots off your butts. Yes they do want all eight hours in the field, setting up grand rounds, educational events, speaker venues @ staff meetings are all in the field work. Learning your clinicals? Didn't you learn that in training? Calling where to set up appts, go into the office and do it! Pre-call plans can be done right in your car before you go in the office. You better hope we never figure out who you are!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Try getting in the field for yourself.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok the post asked for help with the time stamp not a lecture on how or when to work. If you can't provide info shut the fuck up. I fyou can we would all like to know how to beat it!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any suggestions for a rep in a very small territory (45 mins from one end to the other) out in the middle of nowhere who has no hospitals that conduct grand rounds, large cities too far away to set up events that docs will drive that far to attend, already know my clinicals and have made my call, TRx, and NRx share goals for 3 straight years (out of 4) - without working 8 hours in the field??? As well as many docs in group practices who see reps only at lunches once a month or have one doc "on call" to sign for samples IF samples are needed?? I am NOT unwilling to work 8+ hours, provided I'm not wasting my time sitting in my car reading a book for an hour while I wait to make my next call because the time stamp god says I have to have calls from 9 to 5. Why does the company no longer trust seasoned reps who have worked hard for years, and made their goals, but not 8 hours a day in the field??? I get a salary, no bonus for incentive to work harder or longer. AND I rarely "sit on my butt". By the way, have you figured out that the sales reps pay your salary? An unhappy, demotivated sales force is death for a real pharma company, let alone one that is more focused on consumer products than pharmaceuticals.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

COUNCIL here. I won't say how many times, it narrows the field to who I am. My personal goal is ten calls a day minimum. My first call is usually before nine, my last averages about 4 pm. With my routing, few docs start before 8:30. Most are done by 4. When they are done, they go home.
    So I get to a docs office at 8. Not in. Change the doc I am calling on. New time stamp. Go to the next doc office. Not in yet. Change the doc I am calling on. New time stamp. You get the drill. I have been there at 8 am but the computer says I didn't start work until 9. End of day? Same thing. Go to see a doc at 3:45. Have a discussion but doesn't need samples. Presentation only. Cannot prove I have been there. I get a signature for one sample. Because if the following scenario happens, the last call as presentation only implies you haven't worked after your last signature call. Go in at four, doc already left, go to the next one, doc already left. Answer? find the docs that consistently start early and leave late. Those are always your first and last calls. IF your ops brings up start/stop times, have THEM GIVE YOU your routing with first and last docs you call on. Each day.

I understand why there are issues here. I could take both sides and give credible arguments on both. What irritates me is the paper signature guys (and I have seen them do this) who go to office buildings and drop off their forms one office after the other and come back a half hour later to collect all the forms. They are done in an hour. They then post whatever call times they want and the industry accepts this and says our timestamps show we aren't in the field. Who said life is fair? Bottom line? We are paid to do a job. Do the best you can within established parameters. If you do not like it, go somewhere else. I have been somewhere else. It might not be perfect here but somewhere else is often somewhere you don't want to be.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Humorous this is!
    The Aventis person does their 9 calls, I do 14.
    The Aventis person gets $30 K bonus, I get 2% raise.

Another pg person does 9 calls, makes their numbers, but not pacesetters and gets a 3% raise. I do 14 calls, make club 2 years in a row. I get a 3% raise and a higher goal increase than the person who makes 9 calls.

But thats okay. Because we are going to go geographical. So I get an underperforming territory. The 9 call person gets mine. The 9 call person make club. I make my numbers but not club. I still make 14 calls. We both get 3% but the nine call person gets up on stage.
    The Aventis person then calls me telling me they wish they had me back cause the new person doesn't work as much. The Aventis person is trending down and may not get to go to Hawaii for vacation this year because they didn't get the $30k bonus.
    Tons of incentive here. So i wil play cover your rear. I will make 10 calls a day to exceed call goal. I iwll work 8 hours a day and do the best i can. Might work 10 hours. But no more Sundays. Or weekends period.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    Humorous this is!
    The Aventis person does their 9 calls, I do 14.
    The Aventis person gets $30 K bonus, I get 2% raise.

Another pg person does 9 calls, makes their numbers, but not pacesetters and gets a 3% raise. I do 14 calls, make club 2 years in a row. I get a 3% raise and a higher goal increase than the person who makes 9 calls.

But thats okay. Because we are going to go geographical. So I get an underperforming territory. The 9 call person gets mine. The 9 call person make club. I make my numbers but not club. I still make 14 calls. We both get 3% but the nine call person gets up on stage.
    The Aventis person then calls me telling me they wish they had me back cause the new person doesn't work as much. The Aventis person is trending down and may not get to go to Hawaii for vacation this year because they didn't get the $30k bonus.
    Tons of incentive here. So i wil play cover your rear. I will make 10 calls a day to exceed call goal. I iwll work 8 hours a day and do the best i can. Might work 10 hours. But no more Sundays. Or weekends period.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I'm going to work the day also, but no more planning at night or weekends. When I'm done for the day, they get nothing more from me. No more of "this is to be done after your day" because I need to take care of my family after 5. Love my job, but it's definitely not taking over my nights and weekends anymore.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A J/O in the G/O

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    I am in the GO Jackass! I was trying to get you idiots off your butts. Yes they do want all eight hours in the field, setting up grand rounds, educational events, speaker venues @ staff meetings are all in the field work. Learning your clinicals? Didn't you learn that in training? Calling where to set up appts, go into the office and do it! Pre-call plans can be done right in your car before you go in the office. You better hope we never figure out who you are!

[/ QUOTE ]

Only JackAzz is u

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rich Maloy is that you? Loser!

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only JackAzz is u

[/ QUOTE ]