Why does my manager always act?

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Jan 31, 2014 at 12:22 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know lots of talented people who thought the same way. They are beginning to see the light. I know one area of the country is losing quite a few talented people-all promoted people. Good for them!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the best, most accurate post on CafePharma that I have read in a long time. How true it is.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I remember the "Minute to win it" game. That's what the job had become at that point.

I thought that was rock bottom

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because he's a manager. That's what they are....worthless, ass-kissing incompetents that went thru the motions, fed off their partners, took all the credit and none of the blame, fed more office cows than the next guy, etc. etc.
    don't let it get to you. Try to ignore it, play the role on those worthless ride-alongsi suffer quietly throug the "coaching" sessions and say wow, thank you, you are my idol once or twice and he'll go away believing he really matters.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've said more than once that we are all actors, the script only depends on your audience. Been here 27yrs. I rationalize my behavior. With docs, my self esteem is great. With internal customers, it's all a shell game. As a former DM told me; "I am your most important customer". I know that's true.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

R u serious!? I would rather have a manager that works with me everyday who knows what the hell they're doing and who provides help and support when I need it! The managers here are basically useless! All they do is check boxes and share their useless ideas and waste of time experiences about what they did when they were a rep. Not all managers are bad to work with. Out of all the managers I've had in pharma and non pharma careers, my DM has got to be the Most Useless and dumbest ever! No MBA, no real sales experience, doesn't know jack outside of what's on the coaching report and emails they get from the higher ups!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The response was to the OP. Your boss makes or breaks you on ANY job. You can have the best job in the world with an Ahole boss and guess what -its not fun anymore. Conversely, you can have a job that's not so great or pays less than you would like-yet you have a great boss you love to work with, so you stay. Like the last line on my post said-you have a decision to make....should I stay or should I go. Isn't that what all of us need to do if we have a boss who is truly unbearable?? Yea, we all would love to have supportive bosses(and by the way some of us do, or had them in the past). But if you really hate your boss there is no chain holding you to this company. It's a free country with other opportunities out there.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be describing Ed Dollar, the most incompetent, stupid little turd that ever masqueraded as a manager or human being

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

how many years of sales experience do you think the average DBM has? I bet most reps have more years than their manager.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Holy shit, that moron is still around? Should have been dumped long ago. He is living
    Proof that Pfizer managers have no special talents, no skills, and certainly no leadership qualities.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Had to laugh as I read this. I remember in NE PC 2 or 3 years ago the big development thing was the "leadership lab" which was all about getting more reps (esp. females) to aspire to becoming DMs. It lasted a year then died. Listening to all the DM presenters simply reinforced the fact that it was a largely thankless job (confirmed by my DM who had years in the job and was excellent), made harder by the propaganda from the ELT and the RM. And of course it was cemented by the fact that the first DMs to be laid off were typically the newest!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone who takes a DM job these days needs to seriously have their head examined. I heard from a colleague that two DMs in the NE left in 2013 for other jobs (neither of which were DM jobs with other companies/industries). They also folded two other DM slots there when two other DMs went inside. That's four DMs in one area getting the hell out! Sounds like a great gig.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why is this guy such an arrogant f**king dork? R

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DM's get it from both sides (reps and Regionals)...some DMs get 'it' and understand they should just sip the koolaid before spitting it out..then you got the DM nut jobs..Every DM will have that 1 or 2 screwup reps that they inherited, Being only the messenger of company news they get to be the bad guy, and they don't know any more inside info than the rest of us..Just having to be in same car and survive your driving skills should make most people have second thoughts about becoming a DM.