Health insurance for retirees

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Jan 23, 2014 at 11:22 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any word on whether or not Pfizer plans to dump retirees from current health care plans before the end of 2014?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's January!! Do you really think they would announce something like that so early?? Besides, with Obamacare insurance is not a problem anymore!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are being moved into a Medicare Advantage plan. I have no clue what that really means except they will surely be getting screwed.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The fact that WE (I am a retiree) will be screwed goes without saying. When you say"they", I'm assuming that you are not a retiree. I' interested in any valid inside info.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for reminding me that I 'm now in the warm , loving arms of Obamacare. Even though it 's only January, I 'm sure that the decision regarding next year is in place. The official word from Olympus won't come down until much later. I'm sure. I would still like to have any reasonably valid info for planning purposes

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you think we'll still get our retiree health money to pay for Obama care?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If Pfizer can save money by not contributing, what do you think they will do? I'm not a fan of Obama or the ACA, but the one positive is that if you have to buy your own insurance it will be less expensive than it was before. Many people will probably be able to leave jobs they hate now without having to worry about getting insurance for pre-existing conditions, etc. It does have "some" positives, but the negatives far outnumber the positives overall. I personally like keeping kids on till they are 26-thought that was a good thing for those graduating college and not being able to find jobs.
    Back to the original question…. I fear retiree insurance (like pensions) will become a thing of the past.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Information about this change was supposedly sent to retirees in mid-January. I don't know how much detail is being handed out right now.

Look, the majority of retirees are hard-ass Republicans. If you're getting screwed it's because you keep supporting the Republican agenda of funneling more and more money to the rich. Thanks to you we're all going down the financial shitter.......

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Excuse me, how do you like that "hope and change now?" What difference does it make if anyone is a republican or democrat? The fact is, our healthcare system will never be the same because of the ACA. It's going to bankrupt this country. As for what Republicans have or have not done, expl
    Tain to me what the Democrats have done the past six years that are so spectacular. I've already checked with an insurance agent and believe me, you can buy your own health insurance as cheap or cheaper than what Pfizer provides. If you're a retiree, you were screwed. You basically have Medicare only. Don't be afraid to look around. This is not the same Pfizer it once was. The only question I would like to know is whether the Executive Committee receives the same insurance coverage that we do? I doubt it. This company will never succeed unless it has the support of the salesforce. You cannot continually change the structure of the sales force at ever whim of the wind. Right now we need stability and not have the worry of when the next layoff is coming. It's like no matter how hard you work and the results you produce, it's not good enough. This company has long suffered from the inept top management. We need someone who has actually had to go out and try to see a "no see" doctor and then explain to his superior how they cannot be seen.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well you would be wrong! The letter already came out stating that retirees would enroll in a Medicare Advantage Plan starting January 2015.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the beginning of the end for retiree health insurance. What their announcement didn't say was that typically these plans do not have good reimbursements for the healthcare provider. Pfizer is assuming that physicians will accept this plan and that not always the case. Particularly if they are employed a hospital and they are told which plans they will accept. There is no assurance that they will honor this plan. I'm going to buy my own plans and tell Pfizer to shove it. With most Medicare Advantage Plans, you do not pay the premium for Medicare Part B, that goes to the insurance company. Instead, you'll pay that premium as you do now plus the premium that Pfizer pays. When you look at the plan they currently offer, most will never have one claim paid by Pfizer unless its a major claim. Who is kidding who, Pfizer is taking the easy way out. Yes, we provide coverage for our retirees, but who would take the plan as it is offered. Sad, sad, sad. As for our current employees, you coverage doesn't even start to build credit until you reach age 40. And just how many years will most have to work until they reach that age an for how long after that. You have gotten screwed too.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not looking to preach but I think within 10 years there will be National Healthcare. The government is already paying for 60-70% of it anyway with Medicare and Medicaid (thats right 60-70%!!!. They will probably create some healthcare tax (or legalize pot and tax that) to fund it. Negotiate everything down (providers, tests/labs, drugs) and there you have it--Socialized (good or bad). We may not like it but it's coming. The old days are gone, time for the new reality I fear.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are an enrolled retiree, you got the mailing this week.

No Plans to drop anything in 14

15 will be an advantage plan that is designed by Pfizer and ins provider NOT Obama plan and I have already by my financial adviser and he said it is a sound and solid plan.

Prescription are still 100% in 14 and 15

Trolls get a life....mailing was made to all retirees..I got mine in hand

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice to hear. I retired but not using the health benefit yet since I am still paying under severance and plan to go under my wife's plan till she retires. Hopefully, when I do plan on using it it will still be there. I fear all companies will do away with it at some point. Just a sign of the times.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got mine too. I come to this site time to time to possibly get a shred of information about things like this. One question that I would like answered by the people who post hurtful misinformation anonymously on these boards about layoffs, insurance, or worse yet people by name: what's your agenda? Angry, jealous, depressed? Honestly, what do you get out of being such a coward?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Obamacare less expensive-----right. What flavor of kool-aide are you drinking. Someone has to living on another planet (literally) to believe what was just posted above. That was the dream you were sold, the reality has been already unraveling.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you're young your screwed. If you're in your 50's or 60's (less than 65) it's less(especially with preexisting conditions). That was the meaning behind the post. I didn't say it was cheaper for everyone-should have made it clearer. I also said I wasn't a fan of Obama or the ACA! I did like being able to keep my son on our insurance after he graduated from college and took a little while to get a job. Economy was/is not great for college grads.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NO Also I received a letter about the 2015 plans 2 weeks ago! Pfizer will respect the retirees health insurance. They will be going to a medicare advantage type plan which will actually cost LESS than our current 2014 plan. All Pfizer and Greenstone RX's are free and your spouse is still covered.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go screw yourself. Don't like it, don't partake.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

An "advantage Plan" that may or may not be accepted at the better, reputable doctors and hospitals. And, how can your financial planner discuss what has not be published yet. Pfizer has not provided the plan description for review. Idiot.