ACELITY-Do you like the new name

Discussion in 'KCI' started by Anonymous, Apr 21, 2014 at 1:36 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do you think of the new name, ACELITY. I kind of like it

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Expect confusion with Acellular... Will be more of an issue for LifeCell
    . Heard the corp color is purple.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Darn auto correct... Confusion with Acell.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this a new name for Graftjacket, or is this a new product? Seems like it will cause problems with billing and reimbursement, no?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The name of the company

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

why have some people not heard the new name? Is it supposed to be a secret?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hate it. Sounds like ACELL. What a disappointment.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's all smoke and mirrors. It's just a plan for the rich to get richer. Google Chiron Guernsey and see all the intricate webs for yourselves. All this hoorah about a brand and a vision is only a plan for the selected few.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Chiron Guernsey Holdings L.P. Inc.
    Industry Other (See Other Companies in Industry)

601 Lexington Avenue, 53 Rd Floor
    New York, NY, 10022
    Phone: (212) 753-6300
    Filings
    Date Filing Type Offered Sold Type Link to Raw Filing
    2011-11-21 New Form D Offered: $8,092,946 Sold: $7,754,316 Type: Other Raw Filing
    Directors and Executives (Current and Past)
    Name Role Address
    Catherine M. Burzik Director
    8023 Vantage Drive
    San Antonio, TX, 78230
    N/A Chiron Holdings Gp, Inc. Promoter
    601 Lexington Avenue, 53rd Floor
    New York, NY, 10022
    Steven Dyson Director, Executive
    33 Jermyn Street
    London, X0, SW1Y 6DN
    Jim Fasano Director, Executive
    One Queen Street East, Suite 2600
    Toronto, A6, M5C 2W5
    William J. Gumina Director, Executive
    New York, NY, 10022
    Erik Levy Director, Executive
    One Queen Street East, Suite 2600
    Toronto, A6, M5C 2W5
    John F. Megrue, Jr. Director
    New York, NY, 10022
    Jim A. Pittman Director, Executive
    1250 Rene Levesque Blvd. West Suite 900
    Montreal, A8, H3B 4W8
    Warren Roll Director, Executive
    1250 Rene Levesque Blvd. West Suite 900
    Montreal, A8, H3B 4W8
    Ali J. Satvat Director
    New York, NY, 10022

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is wrong with rich getting richer. Nothing is stopping you from doing the same thing. Unless you are just not smart enough.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Typical arrogant upper management reply. This company whatever you want to call it could be a JNJ, Covidien, GE or Baxter if they valued and treat the people that fill their pockets with respect. Leaders lead by example, they treat other like they would want to be treated. Most importantly, leaders stand up for their people and do what is best for the whole not themselves. Poster was correct, "the selected few".

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly!! It's technically called empowerment which is fueled by trust. The total opposite is present here. What you have here is fear and threats.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No they don't! Who told you that. You must have read that BS in a fortune cookie

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What part of being owned by a VC group don't you understand? VC groups do not care about the employees of the companies that buy! They are in the buying companies sucking money out of it to maximize the resale to benefit them. If they were into the people business they would buy one company and stick with it for a hundred years and create the companies like you listed above.

KCI was once a company like that. Today all we are is rented help to the owners. You need to realize that no matter how many companies that acquire the goal is and always will be to maximize profits for the VC guys on the day they cut it up, package the dumpy companies together that they bought and sell the pig.

As a rep nothing good will come to you as an employee of a VC owned company. No real future just a day to day job until it ends. Good luck!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very well stated. It always baffles me that employees feel they have some right to be cared about. I work here, I have no expectation that anyone of the owners cares about me. They shouldn't. This is just a job

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The point is, going with a name like "Acelity" is just plain idiotic. You have brand recognition, a good reputation among your clients, and you want to change your name to sound almost identical to one of your competitors (ACell)? Again, just plain idiotic. This kind of decision making would get you a solid "F" in any graduate level marketing class. Just imagine, if Chrysler decided "Ya know, we've been known as Chrysler for too long and we're tired of people thinking of Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep as separate companies. We want one name that pulls all the brands under one brand. We will rename ourselves Chevromay to reflect this new construct." S-T-U-P-I-D. Unless of course, they are just anticipating a hostile takeover by ACell when KCI goes public again or acquired in a firesale after revenues drop through the floor due to customer confusion, and they're just wanting to make it easier on the new owners. I guess that's a possibility.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not hostile, Acell is buying LifeCell. Public knowledge. Just google it

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Couldn't find anything, any links to share?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't understand (nor do any of my customers) how this correlates to VAC? Are we not concentrating on the wound VAC part of this…which is synonymous with KCI? The name KCI is our bread & butter…terrible idea not to incorporate it into the new name!!!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what does kinetic concepts inc have to do with VAC???? NOTHING