Take it easy, I'm just asking

Discussion in 'KCI' started by Anonymous, May 5, 2014 at 5:00 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been in medical device for about 12 years. I was in ortho trauma with one of the leaders but wanted to get off the 24/7 call when the kids got into sports. I saw some postings for KCI but never followed up. I came to CP and read some of the threads and have followed for the last few months. Most of the ortho docs I know give KCI high marks for product and service. It seems pretty messed up on the inside. So, without going crazy, what is the problem?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, where do I start. Products are good , easy sell and have great "brand recognition". However KCI is owned by a private equity firm that has taken a good company, once a really good place to work a ruined it. Morale is low, at least in my area out West. Comp plan sucks, base pay is low, leadership is a joke. Yes every company has there problems but sadly there are so many here, this is not a place I would recommend to any of my friends. Its a weird place, the last 2 years have been awful.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks
    That confirms what I heard. It seems KCI has all the pieces that most device companies want. Top product, vast majority market share, product recognition by md and good technology. Seems very strange there seem to be so many problems internally

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Previous leadership made a ton of money and sold it high at the right time. The people running it now did not do their homework and paid too much for this company. They are trying to recoup the gap/losses while maintaining their quality of life. They preach pay for performance. Yet, they continue to make more money each year as the company continues to lose money.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"OUR Shareholders, I mean upper management". When are you all going to realize that you pissed away 6.3 billion dollars? The funny part is after you bought this lemon you are still paying Burzec. Talk about adding salt to the wound. Great announcement today about the new name. Ironically comes immediately after public knowledge of a shitty financial performance in Q1. Without Life Cell and Systagenix.....KCI would be bankrupt. They had to change the name!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Original Poster
    So where are the losses occurring? Are sales trending down? Does the commission structure reflect that? Where is the business going?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are not- My sales are way up. If yours are down, you should be fired

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If your sales are up, you are the exception. Smith & Nephew has taken big blocks of business out of everyone's territory. Ulta is not a game changer - hard to sell it with a straight face.

I dont see anyone making good money here - most I know are looking for another job.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ulta is a joke. It saves on LOS for the 1% of the patients that stay over 10 days in a hospital??? Hey hospital spend more money on kits, canisters, and medication that you do with traditional VAC and we will save you money on one in every 1000 patients that you have that stay over 10 days in the hospital...oh, um you send those to LTAC's, well then the Ulta is very pretty.