Boot Camp

Discussion in 'KCI' started by Anonymous, May 22, 2014 at 4:39 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it true that reps are quitting to avoid "boot camp"? Has anyone gone to this and is it really that bad? Are you really being taken out of the field and traveling for a week? I find this hard to believe?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luck! People aren't quitting because of 3 days of ra ra
    bs, they are quitting because they actually see the promising future here.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company needs to stop having meetings over weekends.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Boot camp is good. Like anything, you only get what you put in it.
    If you are negative, stay home.

If you are willing to learn and grow your territory,
    You will do great.

I have never seen so many cry babies on cafe pharma.
    It makes me want to donkey punch and backhand the
    Idiots posting stupid negative bullshit.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said. I agree although if we are asked to go to bootcamp on weekends away from our families, we should probably have a more lucrative comp plan. "Point system". Awful. Even though the turnover at KCI is already higher than the average device company, watch the staggering number of good reps that leave the rest of
    the year.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha. You shitbirds now have formidable competition and youngsters crying about how hard your job is. If you are 1/2 the salespeople as you think then you wouldn't be in this situation. KCI had a monopoly on NPWT forever. Party is now over and you will continue to lose share and get crushed.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks probable that business might grow with Smith and Nephew in stutter mode. Read their forums. It doesn't sound ok.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha - and remember, everything you read on cafe pharma is 100% true.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Boot Camp was NOT good. The material just did not reflect real life scenarios. Its tough out there with all of the competition and just to go in saying "we are KCI" and noone else has clinical documentation we do does not work. People try the other products and they work...they are doing their own clinical research. Simply put, the business cant grow, its the evolution of this industry. We had a great run, we still can make a lot of money but will APAX and Management be willing to accept that 60-65% marketshare is good. That is where will be in at the end of 2015. The stress of the venture capital company coming to the realization they will NEVER make their money on their investment is what scares me and will more than likely lead to another round of layoffs. It reminds me of when AT&T owned the long distance business and then lost their monopoly. I just hope that VACs do not become a comodity like long distance where noone sells it anymore. Overall, the reps that I talk to that left are doing better financially(not where they were 3 years ago but better than what we are doing) and more importantly their stress level has led to a better lifestyle...and I got laughed at several times when I said we were doing a training on a weekend. Probably time to move on.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

EVERYONE LAUGHS AT US!!!!!! Who takes salesforce out of the field twice in a year? How are we supposed to sell & get these S&N accounts back if we're ROLE PLAYING for the 1000000th time? Must be nuts to work here :)

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

quit....

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, quit if you can't take it.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Roll playing sucks...Boot camp a complete waste of time. The rookies like it because they don't know what they are doing and finally get some feedback on what to change

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I will have to totally disagree with you. When you think you know it all, you will be knocked off your horse.

I have 20 years of successful medical/surgical sales experience. For a company to have sincere interest to continue sales training it is a perk. Take your blinders off and go in the real world and work for someone else to see how you get trained. Let me know how it works out for you. Until then, stand down.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The boot camp was awesome. It took a lot of hard work to put that on. Abby, and Rene worked really hard to put that on! I give the all my respect. I truly think KCI's sales team is great! I am not a DM and I don't like koolaid so count you blessings. With haven't been in a room with people that sharp in a while!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wasn't good, very basic and Abby and Rene were just doing thier job. Why the weekend? I thought it was a joke and that was the buzz going around too.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Show some respect to your employees and stop having these meetings on weekends.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't dislike AH but she is not the right person for this position. WAY TOO MANY people in management at KCI don't have the experience or skills to be a DM or higher. Her cheerleader approach to a group of sales professionals is at times insulting. This is not a high school pep squad. This is medical device. It is a complex business and based on building relationships with unique individuals for long term success. KCI sometimes feels like a office machine company. "What did you sell today?" approach. Let's prepare for success in 2015 today. AND please think thru some of these programs before you put them out there. Get some sales people involved prior to introduction

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

boot camp is a joke. should've left us in the field to actually try to hit our numbers. enough of the rah rah, role playing bull shit!! what is WRONG with you corporate idiots???? why don't you get it?? you have to be in your customers' faces daily in order to keep orders up & competition out. going to atlanta right after a holiday, still trauma season…helllooooooooo.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Work by phone like you always do in your house.