The Real Truth and Potential of LCZ696

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Jan 3, 2015 at 10:27 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What comparator would of been ideal for chf?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If your mother had HF would you have her on 10 mg enalapril BID mono-therapy ?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This was a clinical trial. It could've been done a million different ways and people would still complain that it wasn't good. It creates a frame of reference for the data if nothing else. Would you prefer a typical trial against placebo?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A trial against placebo would be irresponsible. How about a trial with higher doses of ACEi? Previous studies have demonstrated that hospitalization decrease as larger doses of ACEi are used. The trial is stacked ..10 mg bid ACEi to 160 Diovan bid? Really? You have maximum ARB and moderate ACEi. How about a study where Diovan 160 bid is used as the control? If the compound is really the benefit then why not compare to the same ARB dose alone?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG...Diovan again what is this the third time stop the madness the perception which is reality is that this is corporate greed at its best way to show how Novartis responses to a changing industry lets just slap a molecule on Diovan see if it sticks

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love Valsartan ! Add it to anything and then compare to crap. I will sell it! Honorarium for everyone

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If My mom had Herat failure I would say why not Diovan it has heart failure indication and it's generic...Ya moron oh wait hospital relationships will save us all docs will live this spin

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah Diovan!!!!! All the sudden we want in let's change the Managers bring all new freaky non sales people from In house whoose products are on the way out marketing or wherever to make it seem new yesssss that will work. You dissed Diovan for years keeping the company a float now you will sell your soul to be part of it. Way to go......nepotism

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Both treatments arms were encouraged to use BB and MRA. What are you talking about. While 10 mg BID may seem too low, what do you suggest should have been used? 20 mg BID? How many would tolerate that megadose? 18.9 was the mean dose in this trial?
    What is important? The dose you [lan to achieve or the dose you manage to achieve

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about you use Valsartan 160 bid as the comparator. Can be tolerated and would certainly tell if the new compounded products has a real benefit or not. Perhaps Novartis was too worried what the results would show if the comparator was Diocan 160 bid?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Given that Novartis has a long history of using the wrong comparators or wrong doses, placebo might not be so controversial.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If they had compared in vs placebo, there would be rants and people saying even water is better than placebo. If it were compared vs valsartan, people would say: that's easy as ACEI are better than ARBs. Doomed if you do it, doomed if you don't.
    LCZ will be compared vs Diovan in PARAGON

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nobody in their right mind would compare verses placebo and if they compared verses valsartan I don't think that anyone would say that ACEi is better than ARB. You sound like someone who hasn't been in the business very long. They study leaves tremendous doubt. It's not you're doomed if you do or doomed if you don't. It's more like do a real scientific study verses one that you know what the results will show as it's basically ValHeft with a vlsartan combo.