Why is Zofran so expensive?

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Dec 31, 2007 at 1:38 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shut the fuck up you idiot...the reason GENERIC drug prices are so high is that GSK files frivilous lawsuits so that the Generic companies have to pay dearly in order to have to defend their legal right to market the drug GSK did this with Zofran, and it does it with every other drug that goes off patent legally. This will come to an end if we get a Democrat in the oval office, maybe... in the meantime this practice will continue until of course leeches like GSK come up with wonder drugs oke SR CR XL etc. Big Pharma is dead. The beginning of the end is upon the whole industry.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

fuck you asswipe! How much research goes into taking docs to dinner, making them "consultants" by giving them several hundred dollars to get them out when they already said no, feeding office cows extravagent meals just to get a few minutes with the doc, etc. I am a pharm in the industry! BTW- I do disagree with the patent expiring. Why should someone else capitalize on the work of another (eg- drug development). Good night.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think you need a Golden Shower to cool down.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just what we need, another fucking pharmacist who "hates" the industry working in the industry... GO BACK TO LICK,STICK, and POURING, ASS HOLE!!!Oh thats right..you have pharmacy techs to do your work for you.
    Let me guess your one of the "pharmacists who never could sell shit" but boy you can sure break down a PI...big whoop. If you don't like the industry...then GET OUT!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh right , reppie you can break down a PI, then go ahead and sell everything off label. Thanks, Head Corporate Noncompliance.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bottom line, Pharmacist's are crooks. Period, end of story. No further comments need to be posted on this thread!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

but when your sorry ass gets layed off next quarter, and If I do too, at least I have a professional license to cushion my fall. What will you have- a garage full of resources and no car to put into it?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

actually I was a hospital pharm, and I might have even changed some of your orders the last time I reviewed your chart or that of a family member. Or perhaps made an antibiotic recommendation to your grandmother's doc because the one she was on was useless due to resistance or perhaps the dose was to high due to her failing kidney function. Or perhaps a drug was written with an allergy being ignored but I caught it before the nurse administered it. I could go on your poor ignorant fool. And I do not hate the industry. I came here willingly and am thriving. And I do disagree with patent expirations and I do feel like beginning the sentence any way I want. And at the end of the day I will continue to keep my job because of my professional expertise, just like the raises I have received in addition to merit raises etc because of my professional background. I am doing well and I am quite happy in the industry. I just resent getting paid what I get paid relative to the importance of the work I now do, but I will gladly accept every dollar and laugh my way to the bank. Job security? Got it. In the industry or out of it. BTW- I have a couple of award and plenty of options- not bad for, as you said, "a pharmacist who could not sell shit" and boy can I break down the PI or the newest study. Or emphasize with fellow HCPs because I know exactly what they are going through by having to deal with your sorry ass every month.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many of your 21 year old cleavage producing, big titted reps with their degree in sociology (c average ) from some no name school could even get into pharmacy school.....the answer is obvious. You are caterers and sample droppers and until the government cracked down, only through huge fines, you were ( many still are in obvious ways) kickback experts. If you call that anything to be proud about-I have one of thousands of stories of children that were given your drugs off label, and died. Most of you should go blow yourself up and do society a gigantic favour.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go call your mommy, I think you need your ass wiped. Here's a news flash: Nobody cares about you.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey dude- you'll be wiping mine after the next wave of layoffs. And don't forget the powder. XO

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ohhhh so your the "bitch" who switched my grand mother from Zofran....to another antie-emetic drug totally out of the class....because you "cared" so much for her. Just wondering...did you come help the nurses clean up the vomit that your wonderful useless yet cheap drug caused....Keep patting yourself on the back...You wish you were a doctor...but your not...so don't give me the " I care" speech... because the only thing you guys care about is the cost of one drug versus another.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PHARMACISTS ARE CROOKS ? THEY HAVE NOT PAID 15 BILLION DOLLARS IN FINES AND BACK TAXES SINCE 2000 (AND GSL GOT OFF EASY). THIS POSTER IS RIGHT YOU PIZZA DELIVERY GUYS AND GALS COULD NOT EVEN MAKE IT THROUGH PHARMA SCHOOL...YOU HAVE A COUPLE MONTHS OF BRAINWASHING AND THAT MAKES YOU AN EXPERT ? BRAINWASHING IS A TERRIBLE THING, YOUR MIND IS A WASTELAND REPPIE.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The price hasn't dropped by 90%. That's the point of all the posts you've read. Generic pricing has risen substantially vs. brand.

Before generics, Zofran brand name, cost about $25 per dose. That would put the cost for 20 pills at $500. This is a cash price, not after insurance.

I called the local pharmacy to check on generic greed. Here are the prices you can expect to pay:

Branded Zofran 8mg 10 pills is $460.97 cash price.
    Generic Zofran 8mg 10 pills is 412.97 cash price.

This represents a savings of $48 or less than 10%. Point proven, generic companies are taking the American people for a ride.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what an ass. Against my training, I hope you get AIDS from your gay lover and your plan will not cover brand name drugs. I hope you get HPV from your wife and your penis falls off, and I hope you look in the mirror and realize what a clueless jerk you are. BTW- no Med Ctr I know would substitute that class of drugs out for another. Kiss my ass. XO

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No- we measure patient outcomes also. I would love to try substituting one of our anti-psychotic meds for another that you are already one and see if that normalizes your visions of grandeur. Next try working on your self-esteem. Guess it is difficult when your dick is smaller than your pinky

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly. The pharms have a mark-up but the generic pricing is not what is was (low) years ago as everyone (generic compsnies) want a large piece of that managed care pie.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey any of you dumb asss hypocrites try getting any Brand Name drug on your own drug plan, when a cheaper Generic is available ?????????.... Sure GSK wants to kill generic competition, but they won't pay for brand name drugs for their own employees---- GET THE POINT or do I have to draw you a picture. When GSK can save some money by denying their own employees brand name drugs they do it.... GSK drugs are supposed to befree ( costs pennies to make of course-big deal ), try getting Zantac 150 mg. covered...just because it is OTC... Secret--have your doc subscribe 300 mg. then break the tablets to get it covered. What a joke--What is good for the public, "brand name only" at higher costs---is not good for their own employees because they want to save money, for Garniers retirement party or something. That tells you everything and ends this fucked up argument. GSK is a bunch of hypocritical lying scumbags. Now go tell your horror stories about generic drugs when your own company makes to take them---KOOl Aid is great today huh ?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good to see that it's not just the leadership of NON-generic making drug companies making really stupid decisions that will continue to erode what little confidence Americans have in the pharmaceutical industry. $120 instead of $150? Thanks, I'll just take 300 - 600 mg of grocery store brand zantac.