What I've learned since joining Merck.

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Oct 27, 2014 at 10:35 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How to tolerate incorrect information.
    How to repeat meaningless jargon.
    How to regurgitate empty phrases.
    How to be treated as an idiot and potential criminal.
    The virtues of being a but kisser.
    That indeed, affirmative action benefited white women.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What? No acronyms?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I learned that people can be underhanded and vicious. I learned that many managers have different standards for different people. I learned that for too many people the route to getting ahead, getting a raise, getting a transfer or new job means you must become an AAA+ AKer. I learned that managers often turn their head for the worst, while they'll beat down some of the best. I learned that if you question something or have a legitimate complaint you can be targeted, then set up and pushed out as your good record is washed away. With all this learning I have become very astute at seeing through all the bs and corruption.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL. LMAO.... I'm a PC rep, calling on HCP's with my CTL's, MAE's, LER's. I'm wishing for good numbers on my IBR for my PMP. At the end of the day it's good luck and good selling in the RCQ trying to beat my last 12 months PCQ to get a good YER. All I get is a bad rear end review trying to be in the top buckets when getting reviewed by CTR's in a smoke filled room... They review my EDP and check my metrics with my PCP's while I review my FU study in DIA market. Along comes my SIP 3 months late and now they say I don't get no NMIPs. I'm just an ordinary guy taking an eTrip while studying a PI in the current YTD in ROME. Us folks in GHH guided by GEMS trying to avoid those people in BP&C so that we can get downsized, optimized and restructured by the end of 2014...
    So there ya go.
    Papa

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Classic! Well done...very well done.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did Merck drag you out of bed and force you to join the company?

Or did you claim, during the interview, to be the best candidate for the job?

Stop the blame game and take responsibility that you chose this job.