Oncology IS the future of Merck

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Aug 28, 2014 at 9:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"What happened...?" What happened was a very cavalier company handled the Vioxx situation poorly which destroyed credibility with the Feds resulting in CIAs resulting in a very risk-adverse company. Rather than playing to win, Merck is playing not to lose which means it is on a slow but downward spiral of erosion due to no significant growth. Merck's legacy will be as a case study at Harvard Business School. Classic example of an organization/industry that worked with an attitude of "too big to fail". Not a question of if, just when.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2 or 3 reps ? You must not understand the access of a specialty sales force: primary care minded people have ruined pharma sales and why doctors and annoyed with so many reps calling on them. Oncology doctors woukd never want to be called a cancer doctor and would never want 2-3 reps from the same company calling on them - there no need- territories are large because you don't see these MDs every week maybe monthly or quarterly.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Harvard Business School = That's where Gilmartin got his MBA....

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I received my MBA from Harvard - big deal - until you consider that I have made millions working connections made while in that institution. Still cashing in on stock options and other unrecorded perks. If you were not soooooo dumb maybe you would be in my social strata

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think the reference to HBS was merely to point out to the previous poster that HBS may not want to take this on as a case study, since Gilmartin was at the healm during the Vioxx scandal (which the first poster referenced) and he may still be a professor there.

Lighten up -- geez...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Boorish. Classy persons with social status and wealth (I guess your strata according to you) don't broadcast such things.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And Merck is 10 years behind everything. Other Pharmas have been developing their Oncology pipeline for the last 10-15 years while Merck lived on its pre-Vioxx reputation. So when does Merck jump into the 20-teens, in 2025?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any plans to increase the oncology sales force?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Absolutely not!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look for postings next week.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and the next week and the next week and the next week - don't hold your breath

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Expansion was announced at the launch meeting. 1 new region and regional director, new CTL's and overlay rep positions. No new territory lines. Hire in Dec, start Jan 1.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't forget to inform the masses that no Merck reps will be accepted just outsiders with experience.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Outside consultants now contacting potential candidates

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a Lilly rep and was contacted over the weekend. Initial salary and perks quoted significantly more then my current job.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why not? We have displaced reps with the experience.
    Whats the deal isn't this an EEO company?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We let these past reps for a reason. Lazy, ineffective, Ken and Barbie types. They lacked the educational requirements and were lacking in selfworth. We don't want them back period.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many people are in the oncology group including management?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm curious about the expansion. I work in specialty pharma but have no oncology experience, but I was contacted by a recruiter. Is this worth the time & energy interviewing? Or will they just hire the Merck vaccine rep who was laid off in this territory anyway?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We will not hire exmerck rep nor anyone without oncology sale experience