Oncology Expansion

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Oct 30, 2014 at 9:49 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oncology reps, how do you feel about this expansion? I've been contacted by a recruiter and wonder is it necessary or is Merck overdoing it? How do you feel in general about the future of this division?

Other divisions need not respond.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the only division to consider within Merck. Massive support and resources targeted to it's success. Other divisions are in the elimination stages. I also have a friend from another oncology company contacted over the past week

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the feedback!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It sounds to me like they are looking for younger people. You could not apply on their website until you put in your college graduation date!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I get the feeling that it is just window dressing. What does a PC rep bring to the table? Relationships/contacts? Science background? Willingness to travel to large geographical or urban areas? It is the future but breaking in is where the difficulty lies.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is the recruiter working on this expansion???

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some displaced reps from Merck might have oncology experience from other companies. Are they likely to be considered?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you look at the postings it clearly says they have no interest in using recruiters down at the bottom. Only recruiters being used for these positions are internal. Anyone saying otherwise is false.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What kinds of cars do you have to choose from? What is the salary range?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Displaced rep here who applied. Hope I get called.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You need to be automatically eliminated just for asking such stupid questions.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

False, I was contacted by a self identified outside recruiter.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is the recruiter?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What happens when you post to the Merck website?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not true. An outside oncology rep may already be driving a loaded Ford Escape and making $145K with bonuses pegged at $40K. Someone from a company like that gets contacted but it's hard to know if it's with the time of day. Big pharma is rarely worth it though.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some oncology jobs are paying in the 80s. Specialty too....and not cso!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very true. Oncology reps with experience are making those 120-140 salaries and if a company isn't willing to pay it could be a waste of time applying or interviewing.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Commercial Oncology Search, Inc. They have the exclusive....

Www.oncologyrecruiter.com

3 plus years required and lung or other launch preferred. Had phone interview today. Just not sure if Merck can handle trying to be biotech oncology or not. Oncology is a different type of sell and position. Micromanaging not welcome.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the information. Do they seem to want that micromanaging culture from your conversations with the recruiter? How is the salary?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have benn offered 135,000 plus stock options and opened end bonus opportunity.