Too Much Money?

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Oct 22, 2014 at 12:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seems the buzz is that if you have a salary too high you could be at risk...Here too long,
    S1 and S2 with higher salaries? Hmmm...these folks can easily be replaced with some of the young ones just starting out or a cso rep for that plain 'ol PC job...

Unless you're a Sr Exec or LER there could be no other high salary reps. Musical chairs and promotions to some? Once a specialty rep, now PC....another cut worthy group? Makes sense from who was cut, many with upper range salary....

Ya think?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Reality is that corp. knows they and most of pharma is way top heavy with 'experienced' - read older, more insurance issues, more time off, more kids on the insure plan etc-....why won't you people quit? that's what they can't figure out.

The guys with the MBAs (and not from some online university) if they could, would wipe the sales force clean of about 90% and start over with nice , young , healthy contract reps. Along with home office support staff..

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What will they do with all the MBAs selling. Biggest price tag! Too many chiefs no Indians.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a man's world

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You said it.

Have, ba*ls, get ahead!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

fyi most younger people have higher bills due to their having babies and childhood medical expenses. Another younger group with big bills are the smokers and drinkers.

most mature aged generally have none of these costs or expenses.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, right. Bye bye, Grandpa.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bottom line is you can plenty of Contract reps for 45-50K base, experienced $58K...what's your salary (not to mention benefits)?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A decade of experience and masters degree making 58-62k with 12-13k bonus. Hey it's a step above unemployment! Called underemployment in this economy. Geez HS grads make this! I'm valued and this confirms it! What a feeling!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep telling yourself that next year when you are job hunting...4 lines will be left by Jan 2016.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It translates into needing a second income......

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Management is going on a week long meeting to finiallize the Nov. Downsizing

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In another company my base topped out at 120,000 and I was solely primary care. With that said the reason my salary was so beefed up had to do with completing course, winning awards and working in the 80's where raises where hefty and healthy.

I KNEW this would come back to bite me but was able to hang on for years till a buy out forces us ALL out.

So starting over I came in the low 70's and guess what, newly graduated rent a reps are making 55,000 (my counterpart). Do I feel at risk again, yes....but not as bad as before.

BTW, I'm thrilled to have this job.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

70k in CSO is big time most are 62k with 11-12k bonus. How short is the contract? Most 6months - 2 yrs.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Older peeps with kids at home, multiple insurance, lots of time off, high incomes...does spell a target on your back.

BUT young kids will have babies, get married(unfortunately in that order this day and age), have all kinds of issues that will need to be addressed right after they get hired, the turn over rate I'm seeing with younger reps is pretty staggering and the cost to the company to rehire and train is kind of daunting.

Here's where I'm seeing companies benefiting. Getting displaced reps where kids are gone and they are in great shape and have nothing to do but work.

In a perfect job environment you need ALL THREE.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, why in heck are they cutting people who have the big three? It is happening here.,.. thanks to certain management who will play pay-back games or gladly cut good workers to keep their buds!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, you'll be thrilled when you see you'll probably need a second or third job too!
    Thought cso was less stress? Think again !$!