March Bonus Payout

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Oct 28, 2014 at 6:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If I give notice January 1, 2015, will I still be paid the March bonus for 2014?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I say yes. You earned that bonus the last half of 2014 and finished out the year. Check with HR.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Totally up to management. I have seen the bonus given but also not given. Best strategy is to get the check in hand before guiting. A bonus is not earned and can disappear at will.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

According to the guidelines set for bonus you will get paid. There is no doubt. Problem is that the payout is sure to suck and management can still change the rules and make them retroactive. Doubtful but possible with our senior leadership.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You will get your bonus. Merck is legally bound to give it to you. I quit around mid January last year and got my full payout. You can sue Merck if they don't give it to you. This is very black and white.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can jump off a bridge as well but either way you can lose. The company doesn't have to pay you. At management discretion period.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You should get paid for the completion of the year 2014.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Should and will are two completely outcomes.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Management can deny bonus, however reps have sued and won triple amount. If you worked the timeframe for the bonus, you get paid.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong. If you completed the eligibility requirements for the bonus, you WILL get paid. No management discretion can change that (unless, of course, there is something in your HR file that suggests you violated your eligibility).

To the OP: Don't ask for advice about this stuff on CP. All you will get is crap answers like this because most people who post here are naysayers and chicken-littles who try to stir up ill feelings because misery loves company.

Call HR and ask and read the bonus guidelines/rules that are clearly posted on Merck's Intranet.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very true, so many questions can be easily answered on the HR site. Go to Sync and search

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes you will. You completed the 6 months.