Zontivity Launch Meeting

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, May 10, 2014 at 10:55 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has a date (or time frame) been given for the Zontivity launch meeting? I am a DF CV rep who will hopefully be assigned to this team and trying to plan a vacation and want to avoid any conflicts.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i highly doubt DF reps will promote this drug. i heard integrilin reps and maybe the hospital port 2. maybe.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Per Bob, the teams are becoming one and all will promote this product. I haven't heard a date either but would be curious.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have you even bothered reading the Prescribing Information? If you had taken the time to do so, you would not be so eager to be assigned to this team. If this product had any potential at all, we would have known the launch meeting location information or have already been trained and ready to hit the ground running instead of anticipating the impending lay off of half or more of our colleagues.

Major red flags and a huge liability for any doctor prescribing and it will be tough to figure out which doctor to niche this product for. Take a look at what the cardiologists are saying on heart.org and you will quickly realize that cardiologists are not eager to use this drug and are wondering why and how it was even approved. Some of the horrors in the prescribing information include a statement that the "withholding of Zontivity for a brief period of time will not be useful in managing an acute bleeding risk because of the long half life." In other words, if the patient starts to bleed to death due to an accident, cutting themselves, bruising or internal bleeding there is no use trying to stop it. Read further and there is a statement pertaining to "significant inhibition of platelet aggregation remains 4 weeks after discontinuation." In other words, if the patient needs major surgery, falls and breaks hip, suffers another MI etc., you will need to wait 4 weeks to safely perform the surgery, It's already a clinical challenge to get the elderly patient off of their coumadin before safely undergoing surgery, which can sometimes take a couple of days, imagine having to wait 4 weeks! The clinical considerations and associated costs are astronomical, in addition to the potential litigation if patient suffers an intra cranial bleed.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Insightful analysis...thanks!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DF will promote this along with acute care.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

;-)

Whistle .....

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Samples will probably not be needed on this....we should switch it to sign and send.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In order to engage employees, the launch meeting will be at Riads country estate.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Riad is a donkey

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would you want samples since there are no lab tests which can monitor the therapeutic levels of the drug after administration? So for instance you can't send a patient home with Zontivity samples and have them come back to measure their INR to see if it is in the therapeutic range, or to see if the drug is working. Standard coagulation tests are not effective to measure whether or not Zontivity is working, you can only monitor the patient for adverse bleeding events resulting from using the drug, which could happen anytime (days, weeks, years) during the course of therapy, not just in the tiny sample window timeframe. In other words, you could send the patient home on samples, and just because they don't experience a major bleeding event when the samples run out, that doesn't mean they won't experience a major bleeding event next month, or later. That's not the same issue as sending a patient home with a sample of Januvia and later measuring their A1C levels to gauge effectiveness or sending a patient home with an antibiotic and waiting to see if they get a rash. With this drug, you would be sending them home with a sample and waiting to see if they start bleeding from their ears, eyes, nose or suffer a seizure indicating an intracranial hemorrhage. In the clinical trials, Zontivity increased GUSTO moderate or severe bleeding by 55%!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just a suggestion here, as one of the CV DF Reps was so concerned about planning their next vacation....

What would probably be a better plan !

SAVE YOUR VACATION FOR THE NEXT ROUND OF LAYOFFS !

As this new little gem will not save your six !

Good Luck selling this one under the guiding light of OBAMACARE !!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I stubbed my toe. Damn that "Obamacare".....

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck should launch this product out the window.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I passed some smelly gas. Also damned ObamaCare for the stench.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this post is PURE Bull S#&T! No way anyone here would go to CP for this info- absolutely not! For certain that this poster is a competitor or CI paid for by the competitor. Insiders know where to find this stuff out and not troll CP for it....no need for us to sift through the BS...Oh of course will deny till their death...do not be fooled. There are loosers out there that want to know date and location of our launches so they can send dumpster divers. They'll even pay out of work MD's to hang around the bars and skim cheap information on messaging and anything they can make a dime off of....absolute pure BS!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sales rep of the century Schering Plough Mgt.!! Sold a bucket of spit to the 2nd largest drug maker in the world.... The swindle of a lifetime!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like contract possibility ------ a very limited market.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do believe that I have heard multiple times that HCV is a major for the company in the next year, that and all of our HCV is from Schering. That was from Ken on Fox News, dip shits. Here is a nice one for you, the Schering reps that came over from HCV, they are still here. Only mothers that can sell in the whole company. Fact jack.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Change o plans, launch meeting now at the Blue Bell cemetary. That is where this pos product will be in 24 months.