Oncology IS the future of Merck

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Aug 28, 2014 at 9:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I must admit that things are very good in the Oncology Division. Reps are being treated very well (all reps are S3) and most importantly, we are treated as adults. The future is bright for PD1 and our stock is now above $60.

Merck is investing heavily in Oncology and Hepatitis because this is the future. Oncology currently has less than 115 reps nationwide. 115 reps that could produce billions for this company. It is easier and quicker to get FDA approval for truly life saving drugs. Merck should have invested in these area years before.

1 1/2 years ago Oncology was downsized by 40% and it was looking very bleak. Things change quickly in this industry and I pray that all of the other divisions in Merck will again prosper.

I believe the best of Merck is yet to come.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes , Oncology (or to create attention, emotion, reaction and therefore sale$ call it CANCER) is the last bastion of of pharma...I guess I'm a Debbie Downer, but seen this rodeo berfore, give it some time before pharma screws it up (1 rep only making calls? wouldn't 2 or 3 more be better?!) and more importantly insure and guberment finally waking up to paying huge $$$$ for Rx's...nobody goes cheap on CANCER until they have to pay the bill..

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Believe what you will but keep your disappointment to yourself when it doesn't work out the way you had hoped.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I put my money on BMS.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bristol-Myers Squibb filed a lawsuit in US district court seeking unspecified damages from Merck & Co. for allegedly infringing a new immunotherapy patent, Bloomberg reported Friday. According to the litigation, filed in federal court for the District of Delaware, Bristol-Myers Squibb claims "Merck is threatening to exploit that invention" with a later-developed method of treatment, in violation of a patent issued on May 20.

The move comes as Merck won FDA approval for the melanoma drug Keytruda (pembrolizumab), the first anti-PD-1 immunotherapy to be cleared in the US. Merck expects to price the therapy at $12 500 a month, with analysts projecting sales of $1.8 billion for the drug by 2017.

Meanwhile, Bristol-Myers Squibb plans to submit its experimental PD-1 inhibitor nivolumab for FDA approval this quarter, with a decision by the agency anticipated by mid-2015. The therapy was recently launched in Japan in collaboration with partner Ono Pharmaceutical under the brand name Opdivo at an average annual cost of $143 000 per patient.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What I learned from this post: 1- Merck is charging more for their drug than BMS. 2- The BMS drug is effective on a broader range of cancers. 3- If the suit is successful, Merck will have to give BMS $$ and 4- This 'savior' drug (to Merck's balance sheet) is ONLY worth $1.8B???? The patent cliff hole is hella bigger than that!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, for Merck, the approval is kinda like the scene at the end of The Perfect Storm when the crew was given false hope because the skies cleared for a few minutes.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To say you're delusional is an understatement. One drug doesn't make for lasting change. Let's not ignore the fact that 3-4 months from now, ours will not even be the best PD-1 available. I'm predicting Zocor, Part 2. It will become a big seller, we will start to brag about it and then better products will destroy it. It's the Merck way. It's a losing way.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah it's only temporary relief unless more drugs are approved soon. You can kiss the $1.4B from Isentress in the next few years goodbye because there are better HIV drugs out there now.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think BMS will win out, sorry to say. No offense, but just desserts for the way Merck has treated their employees.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck is rearranging chairs on the Titanic.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, Karma.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I will be hitting the bricks tomorrow and will be selling selling selling.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Noticed that we have a lot of dumb reps. The OKAMs are leaches that take credit for the hard work of the good reps. Nurse educators OMG, SIP is a joke, anything else?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The animosity in your post is typical of a low performing leach. The OKAMs were producers and professionals not like half the Oncology's quote reps. Be gone parasite

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is just funny! I used to bleed green and defend Merck to the hilt. Now I just feel like a battered wife. This company has seen better days and it makes me sad to see where it is headed. The "culture" is one of the worst in the industry, which makes me sad. I have no idea what happened to what was once a truly great company.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YOU assh..e

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously...I have been here for a long time. The last 10 years have been a steady decline.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just remember that you are the band and look what happened to those players