What's happening to all the Merck Real Estate

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Oct 28, 2014 at 8:04 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck has a massive amount of real estate in the high tax cesspools of Pennsylvania and New Jersey. What's being sold and why would anyone want Rahway or Whitehouse Station or Raritan?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Christie may give tax incentives, but along the Route 1 corridor, it would surprise me if commerce or housing go in there. The GM plant next door has been razed.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh my! what will all the fiscally minded politicians, who are so adept at spending our money so efficiently, do when the golden goose they helped kill, the pharma industry, no longer provides the nice cushy revenue stream that they've gotten use to pleasuring themselves with?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rahway isnt going anywhere, its a toxic superfund site once it's no longer in service.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very true! Then Merck's sorry a$$ should clean it up!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They will combine Rahway with the GM plant site and use it as a bombing range for McGuire air force base.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tankers and transports don't do any bombing but it was a good idea! Why not just start now and avoid any undue delays we'd not miss the people and they would need to have less layoff's...insurance companies would have to pay the bills then!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Multiple buildings are coming down in Rahway that were sub par or needed major renovation in order to bring back up to code. Some are old research buildings and a few factory buildings in the back. There are a few test wells on site, so Merck is paying to remove the VOCs from the ground.

Kenilworth is also going to have some factory buildings removed in the next few years, and made into a huge parking lot. I learned that if you grass in the area you will never be able to rebuild on it, hence, the move to make a parking lot to "seal" the ground.

RMP spoke about millions of wasted facility costs when he first came. I actually, agree that these buildings should be removed if they are not being used or far past industry standards. Every year Merck pays property taxes on the land and buildings, so might as well remove all the buildings that will not be used stateside to save $$.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck does have buildings and sites from all the Schering mergers and a host of its own stuff stuck all over the place! Research buildings here, warehouse there, what looks like production facilities, what the hell? They can't be using all these facilities now that we don't make half the things we did during the good times! We were making billions of pills at 1$ and now we're making hundreds of thousands of pills at 8$, unless we're still manufacturing all this stuff for generics and Astra Zeneca etc..

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am going to buy up all of the land and construct an old age home for exmerckies. They really would have the opportunity to grouse about all their past gripes and lack of childhood guidance.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I will donate to the project where do I send the funds?