Women's health

Discussion in 'Coloplast' started by Anonymous, Oct 14, 2013 at 8:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have an opportunity to be a sales rep in the NYC metro area in the women's health division. What kind of work life balance can I expect and what does annual compensation look like at plan? Are the quotas unrealistic? What about the corporate culture? Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

140K ish at plan. Opportunity to increase annual at plan number significantly over time if you consistently hit quota. Quotas challenging but realistic. Most years almost half reps hit plan. If you struggle you'll make shit. If you are good the opportunity to make great make money is there -- especially as time goes on. Work/life balance is something that you control. PTO days are there. The WH job is not an easy one though. Good product, tough market, lots of balls (teehee) to juggle.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a new to the company in ostomy, but can say that this company has a great culture. All the benefits are good and everyone is interested in seeing teammates succeed. So far this is a great company. Good Luck-

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for the responses, I truly appreciate it. When you say tough market what do you mean by that? Why does the competition have an advantage? I'm currently in Pharma and doing well at a stable company so in wondering if it's worth the switch.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our products tend to be at or near the bottom in most markets - especially our slings. Other companies have higher market share - Boston Scientific, AMS, Bard and Ethicon are all players in the sling market. Our pelvic mesh is somewhere in the middle vs. these other companies.

The big issue is the market itself. There are over 30,000 lawsuits right now with lawyers on the attack against sling mesh and prolapse mesh. And those are the main products you would be selling. Google "prolapse mesh" or "transvaginal mesh". This has scared away lots of patients and dropped volume substantially.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In response to the above post -- It's not like the company is asking you to go out and become the leader in market share in your territory. Just grow. Sure volumes are down but JNJ and Bard have largely left the market. Boston has recently cut back on their sales force. AMS is a grease fire -- sales have been down almost every quarter for a few years.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I noticed all the lawsuits...as a result of the volume of surgeries decreasing have the quotas gone down to reflect that? Also, if they lose the class action lawsuit do you think they'd get rid of the entire product line and lay off all the reps? I'm just concerned about job stability. Thanks.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ask about "ObTape". The current sling, Aris, is based off of the same design. And they wonder why they can't grow...

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look at the quarterly sales results for all the POP/SUI companies. Who is growing?

You AMS clowns are reeling. Always. ALWAYS complaining about quotas. Layoffs. Senior leadership changes. Declining sales -- EVERY quarter.

It is awesome having 3 of you turds in my geography -- get to see all those stupid faces every time you show up at the OR and realize you lost another case.

Bunch of hacks. Stuttering fools. Just disgruntled, whining, Willy Loman assholes.

Your marketing department has got to be so sick and tired of carrying your shitbag of a sales force for so long.

http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20131031-907830.html?dsk=y

How did I just discover this message board? This is awesome. Knowing you AMS bags of piss are going to read this makes my day.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So now we have a tough guy in our sales force. You know this jagoff took 3 hours putting this tough guy message together. Love the bad ass tone.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wish I had your optimism and cocky attitude. I also compete against. 3-4 reps from Boston and AMS combined. Loyal AMS docs always remind me that they gave us too many chances and are tired of experimenting with Coloplast slings . I wasn't around, but apparently we had Sabre, Axis, suspend , Obtape and now Aris. Ams docs shove it in my face repeatedly telling me that sparc and monarc has really never changed. They tell me AMS nailed it with these products and don't need to keep improving the technology. These docs are also pretty hard on Boston reps as they've had their issues too with protegen and prefix. Good to hear someone is having success as I'm getting my ass kicked with my female products.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In fairness to all the AMS Schmucks, some of you bums in our sales force sell 20 slings and your growth percentage goes thru the roof. Get your territory cranking out some real number like we do in my territory and a few others territories. And to the blow hard that sounds like Dirty Harry, quit telling us how tough you are on the message boards and go sell something. Let your sales numbers quietly speak for themselves . Let's quietly keep picking AMS and Boston's pockets.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is good - so true. I sold more slings in 2005-2006 than most Colonplasters have in their entire career. Sabre = garbage bag tie shaped POS. Axis = what? ObTape = lawsuits, infections, the FIRST FDA notification for Mesh.

Keep picking our pockets? Yeah, right. Without the price game you play, you'd all be dead on arrival.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello "bags of piss guy", you are part of the problem we've had taking our women's health business to the next respected level. Sounds like you're stealing cases and playing tough out there but are you respected by your physicians? Are you helping the overall business by growing accounts methodically by educating physicians and patients or are you letting J&j, Ams and Boston do all the heavy lifting and then you come in and steal a few cases? Like the other poster said, stop being Clint Eastwood out there and maybe we can take our little women's health business into the big leagues. Me and several of your peers are doing this and it's working but we need you to get on board with this strategy.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ams, jnj,bsci doing the heavy lifting? Clearly you haven't seen my biceps.

16. Anonymousq

Anonymousq Guest

Looks like Endo reported earnings tod

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Open territory in women's health. What is the deal with the pelvic mesh?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got my "D Cup" add ons and they still don't help sell our female mesh products! I give up! Thought these would do the job for sure.....

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

oh please let me spell it all out for you. "What's the deal with"....pulease!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would like some info on the women's health position as well. Just got a call from a recruiter saying 55k base and 140-150k 1st year. Is this realistic and what is year 2 and beyond? I'm a little nervous to pursue since this is the 4th call in 2 years so it appears there is some turnover. Also, with all of the lawsuits on the mesh products, are hospitals staying away from them? I currently have a medical sales position with a base of 115k, but commissions are capped. Plus I do a TON of travel. Any info would be appreciated.