Here Come The Big Brother Reports

Discussion in 'Bioventus' started by Anonymous, Sep 5, 2014 at 11:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just received my first daily call report since CRM was just launched to us. No where on the email did it discuss tools that will help grow my business with the end game of making me more money but instead mentioned how my calls weren't up to standards against my peers! We are officially pharma, actually worse figuring CRM just started and reports are already coming in. Thank you KH!
    Also, just heard some regions are starting to have IR control 100% of their orders come next week with no option to opt out but forced to have it done. They work it from the second it comes in on the fax line. Those reps must turn over their fax lines and hand over their contacts so IR can collect additional info, insurance info, etc. They become you calling your MA's or staff members with a 901#. Again, those reps may not opt out but forced to hand over their built business. It doesn't matter if you are 20% YTD or 200% YTD, IR will control their paperwork, phone calls, etc. To some this may sound good but if you are like me and built a strong business around your quick service and turn around time, you are now at the mercy of IR which we all know is lightning fast and is an area of our business that's needs more responsibility.
    Where is this company going?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Management and upper management has no clue. For those reps who have a great EXOGEN business, there is simply no extra time to log calls and spend more time on computer. This is incredible to me.

AND, I do not want IR calling my customers. I simply cannot believe this is in the works.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unbelievable.

I guess this is coming out by waves/regions, I am not looking forward to this. What our new big pharma management doesn't realize is that call quantity is not going to make us successful in DME. So I will have to fit an extra 20-30 minutes per day in, on top of our now 3 hours a week on conf calls, to play around with the tablet, and be forced to log bogus calls in because that is what this kind of setup demands. A lot of us are essentially 1099ers, not pharma reps with big salaries who are content to be hanging out at Panera on conference calls.
    I can see one office in a single day sometimes.
    Just sad.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have also heard about both of these. Not only are daily call reports coming showing call activity (your DoS can choose how to send this out either daily, weekly, monthly) but the IR rollout is starting in three regions before expanding. This is similar to the way the new computer/CRM was rolled out, in small groups and now we all have it. During the new computer rollout (so called tablet), just like today Reps in those regions they wanted to opt out. This isn't an option!! It doesn't matter if you are a past or soon to be Presidents Club winner, you are forced to log calls, add contacts and now handle over order management control to IR.
    Welcome to the new Bioventus Pharma Company! A company ran by people that haven't touched an Exogen order in their life or if they have in years past they have become so far disconnected from the rep day-to-day they don't remember what it takes to revenue an order. This isn't it!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am in disbelief! This will force me to work on weekends. There is no extra time during the week to do this. I simply DO NOT UNDERSTAND how our leaders do not know what we go through in a day/week to ask us to do this or make us accountable. There is no way this helps a seasoned rep be more efficient. I know my accounts inside and out. This will slow me down. I talked to other device reps are none have to do this.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could have launched CRM with current laptop. Any field based tools coming down the road can all be done in the field with a smartphone. Even CRM updates. Waste of money. Daily call reports is hilarious.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quit your whining. Allowing IR to work the complete order is something most of you have been asking for. Many of you have "fitters". Now you are being asked to be in front of the customer doing more "selling" and here you are belling aching over a simple task to enter in your sales calls. If you aren't in front of the prescriber you will never grow your business and make more money. Many of you are just "order takers", sitting by your fax awaiting the orders.
    This way you can just collect the notes and fax them directly to IR who will data input and get what is needed from the office. All you need to do is SELL, record your calls and arrange fit or delivered unit. It's called STREAMLINING your business. Get use to it.

To the person who says they just call on ONE OFFICE a day- Shame on you.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Someone brought this up on another thread, but it is interesting to look at the success of some of the competitors in the bone stim world, and see what they are doing. Exogen is clearly a best-in-class product, with a great library of clinical evidence, better managed care coverage and additional indications.

DJ has an vastly inferior device, in fact, there is not ONE clinical trial to support its efficacy. Its hard to believe that they received their FDA approval. At best, they have a 60% heal rate, and try to associate themselves with the other stims which do have strong data. That being said, they use a network of 1099s, direct reps and mainly distributor reps who carry this alongside soft goods. They have paid dme coordinators in their hospitals who get referral bonuses from stims and block out the competition, change orders, etc. They price their device agressively ( around 1500) for buy and bill clinics.

Orthofix: inferior device, lack of clinical data and trials, yet the same thing. They have owned buy and bill in larger clinics over the years, they use distributors alongside their direct reps, and they have great referral relationships with secondary distributors ( I have a friend who works in bracing, and buys stims from ofx and resells them to her clinics, and direct to patients).

This is not a pharma product. This right here is going to drive reps out of here. What is wrong with this place!?!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These customers are BIOVENTUS's customers- not yours. Why do you care if IR calls your customers unless you have something to hide? Let IR direct the paper flow so you can SELL, SELL, SELL.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shame on me? Ha.

That clinic is about 90 miles away, which can take up to 2 hours each way. Sometimes 3 in traffic.
    I spend my entire day, once a week, in that one office ( well, about 10-3) for post-op visits with the trauma team. I leave my house at 8 and don't get back until 5-7pm that day of the week. This right here is what you ( most likely a Dos or RVP) don't understand, and why BV just doesn't get it.
    Arrange a fitting or deliver a unit? You have NO CLUE what it takes to be successful in this role. Hint: it does not include simply shipping units to our patients. And not all of us have helper reps, you know.

It's not about the number of calls, it is quality, and ownership of your offices.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

KH or disconnected DOS get of this thread. Shouldn't you be sitting behind your new computer called a ThinkPad and come up with another report that us reps can do for you to make your job easier. In the meantime we think about to supplement our incomes once IR jacks up our business that we built for you. Remember the successful reps that perform month after month, year over year are paying your salaries!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Giving you tools and motivation to "JACK UP" YOUR income and all you do is complain. Don't worry, there is an initiative in the works for the DOS's to be in the field 8-5, 4 days a week so expect "RIDE ALONGS".

It has been noticed that sales are down because most of you do not make sales calls on prescribers (only Medical Assistants) and staff. It is also noted that most of you have copied signed Prescriptions, and LOMN's to keep on file; which is illegal (even though nobody ever told you this) In essance one could just be at home all day long to work orders without making contact with a prescriber. Many of you without fitters, just ship out your units instead of a true Face to Face, fit in the clinic. Folks, those days are OVER.
    In order to obtain Growth, you have to be in front of the person who prescribes and those you have NEVER called on. Some of you have over 200 prescribers and you only CALL on 10! Some even LESS than 10. There are even some of you who only get consistant orders from 4 prescribers.

Stop your belly aching and acting like you work so hard. You people know good and well you can get in front of more prescribers; especially if IR is inputting Data and all you have to do is fax them papers.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

KH or worthless Pharma RVP spoke up! You guys should take that role from IR or a rep and try our jobs, you wouldn't survive! That's why you chose to sit behind a desk because ou couldn't sell.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And you can't SPELL. Buck up and Own It.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is obviously PD. Your lack of respect of the sales force is unmistakable.
    You don't get it. You have never sold an EXOGEN unit in your life. Threatening the sales reps with constant ride along days, wow you are a great leader bud.

BV please get rid of these VPs, and promote some of our top performing reps or DoS's!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good counter. Call out a auto correct typo and NOT the fact you can't sell but bark orders for others that pay your bills.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe Bioventus customers.....but the rep is the one with the relationships.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ruff, ruff! "An" before "a"

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Woah, hold on their cowgirl. You all are the ones complaining about DOSs not doing anything outside their office. Now we have a management machine, so it's time to get the managers out in the field assisting in the selling process and ensuring everyone does this job correctly.
    Your job is to Sell and our job is to manage and ensure you are doing thing properly. You may just want to read your job description some time.

Pool time Over. Now get on out there and wrangle up some orders. Those of you who hide behind your Supartz order taking.....game over; it's time to sell some EXogen.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So you are telling me that you only call on ONE CLINIC that is 90 miles AWAY?? How about calling on 4 clinics near your home and OWNING those "offices"? NEVER put all your eggs in one basket. Or perhaps BV needs to have a different rep who is closer to that account take over?
    Yes. It's time for a Tablet and some accountability.