Lima

Discussion in 'Tornier' started by Anonymous, Oct 1, 2014 at 9:57 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone seen these guys in their area? They've taken two of my docs so far.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are paying for, "training" trips to Italy. No advamed rules apply. Luckily the instrumentation is poor. One of my MDs tried it and after the distribution changed, lost interest.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Avamed is total BS! Another way for the big Ortho companies to limit competition . When physician owned distributorships can operate out in the open, it's still WIDE open. Doctors are loosing their professionalism. It seems to me they are practicing/treating Medicare and Medicaid.

Some Surgeons are addicted to the easy money and perks. They seem to be drunk on the ego trip we sales reps and companies provide them. The hospitals work them like regular employees now days so where else are they going to get their super ego boost, their spouse?

I honestly believe the playoffs Ect have become more toxic and shocking now than ever.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is ridiculous.

And you sales reps don't provide them with anything regarding trips... The manufacturer pays.

If you feel this way you are in the wrong industry.

And a training trip doesn't make the doc switch implants... It's just one small part of a bigger picture. If you lose a doc, look in the mirror becuqse it all started with your competitive rep... And you got beat.

Medical education is part of the process. Period. It's not a perk. It's a necessity.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LMAO, ha ha ha. I remember when I used to believe too!!!
    I'll assume you are a "corporate employee." Money cuts a lot of ties. So do the surgeons relatives. Surgeon's relatives don't need a college degree. They do not need any training to speak of. They just get the cases scheduled with them for being them. I ll also assume you have not had the chance to enjoy having a competitor hire the docs stepbrother or brother in law Ect.

If it wasn't an issue why do we have The Stark Law? Why do we have The Sunshine Act? Enjoy your ignorance or lack of experience, it is bliss.
    And by the way, I have bought many trips to the islands.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A, "training", trip to Italy for a week to look at a shoulder prosthesis is not warranted.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Deal with it!
    I am also an independent. I am not at all AVAMED. Nor do I want to be any part of that bull. Your just experiencing true Capitalism I first hand. If my car collecting enthusiast group wants to give a surgeon a collector car to fix up as a contribution for their role in the community it's all legal. look it up. It's an actual court case.

As long as nothing is asked for in return, Quid Pro Quo, it's probably legal.
    I don't want to educate you anymore. Now let's talk about how Lima is really taking business from you.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What the fuck are you talking about? Money talks.....

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

im a doctor and money did talk, my world is all fucked up and a little extra cash is great.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, I think you can only get comments like that from a company board that desires idiots on their staff?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are a physician, then why is your grammar and punctuation so poor?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I bet the above can sure order up the steak n tail with a lotta wine chaser !!!
    Revenge of the nerds for sure

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the doc above responded to the stupid thread on his small screened iphone between patients and doesnt have time to spend with you your family or friends. hense, the speedy misspelled message. he probably wont reply cause hes to busy and will never look here again.\

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think you can only get comments like THIS from a troll?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All anyone needs to do is show registry data for that shoulder and you should be fine

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Upper extremity doc in my town has been exclusively using Lima for the last 9 months or so. He swears by the longevity studies on this shoulder. Says he can do things with this shoulder that just can't be done with any other shoulder in the market. Anyone else know docs who suddenly switched to Lima and aren't looking back?