What happend?

Discussion in 'Universal Hospital Services' started by Anonymous, Nov 21, 2014 at 10:12 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Since I first discovered cafepharma, I have been relying on this UHS forum for a weekly/bi-weekly shot in the arm of laughs and entertainment.

Gone are the consistent rants and raves on/by:

"poop cleaners"
    Lazy AEs
    Stupid executives
    Sales vs. Ops
    Scandals

As all the executives we have made fun of over the years are leaving (shown the door) it seems as though the fire that was driving this message board has gone away.

I wonder what has happened. Has everyone just given up?

It sure feels like no one cares enough to bitch anymore.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Twas the week before the holidays and all through UHS, the bitch board was quiet at no ones behest.

The budget was hung on the spreadsheet with care, without enough revenue for everyone to stay there.

The workers were all out at hospitals pushing specialty beds while visions of unpaid holiday bills danced in their heads.

Then out of Minneapolis there came such a clatter, I jumped out of my Prius to see what was the matter.

I threw open my email and what should I see, the announcement of a new CEO, handpicked by the owners at private equity.

More quickly than eagles the layoffs came, he whistled and shouted and called them by name… Out sales, out operations and corporate too, we must realign our resources because revenue dollars are few…. Out middle managers and older workers too, the pot of recruits is boiling with folks who will take less money to do what you do.

Keep your head down and do your best, happy holiday wishes from your family at UHS!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

>> Twas the week before the holidays and all through UHS, the bitch board was quiet at no ones behest.

That was brilliant! Your talents are wasted at UHS...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice Hallmark moment.
    Maybe Dave D will use this in his yearly Christmas card?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Outstanding Xmas poem. Nothing like a few hundred layoffs before the holidays to say thank you for your efforts and work. I just hope there's something in the exit package now that we can't sell back our vacation that we earned. Is it legal for a company not to pay you for unused vacation? Does anyone know?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think they have to pay you for unused vacay time.

Has anyone heard of any layoffs?

Which division or region?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Is it legal for a company not to pay you for unused vacation? Does anyone know?"

Check with your state laws. Some states require final pay & vacation accrued pay on the day you are terminated.

Also look at the terms of your contract - many times it is 'at will' meaning UHS is not required to give you squat.

We should be keeping track of total numbers of layoffs, since at a certain percentage of total employees, they are required to give notice (ie. 2 weeks). If they didn't give notice, then they are in breach of federal employment laws.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That was an awesome Christmas poem!!

Have the layoffs been announced?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I imagine layoffs will come after next week. I know the DODs will be at corporate for planning/budgeting next week. I'm sure that's when they'll get their directives on who, where, and when to layoff people.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No layoffs until Q1

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

surgical services needs to make changes too. Me and the rest of the laser techs got a pay cut in June because they said they made a miscalculation in February. bunch of crap.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Surgical services have their group of cronies too that will do anything it takes to look like they are heros. Management, operations are a joke. Don't bother going to hr. Operations and management is already in bed with them and will do anything to can your ass.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Layoffs started late 2014 Q3 and continue...

No announcements. Watch out for those afternoon calls letting you know who else from your division is 'no longer with UHS'

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes - they have already started. 6 already in my division and at least 1 more before EOY.
    Mix of AE, CCS, CAR and 360 staffing.
    Talks of 1 maybe 2 offices.

GB ran this great company into the ground.
    Others who perpetuate the stupidity - MS = #1 (little pork snouted bully), PS = nice, but way too ADD, Sales RVPs = ? no leadership, rarely visit the territory, no accountability; MN Support to the sales divisions = BLOATED (more support admin than people in the field)
    Corp personnel : field people = 3:1

Fasten your seatbelts and return your tray tables to their upright positions.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What offices rumored to being closed throughout the company? Anyone hearing anything out there?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your office will be fine. Now stop worrying, stay focused, and get back to work.

Geeezzz

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you the same one that counted the equipment in Houston?
    We had 2,282 regular employees as of December 31, 2013, including 2,046 full-time and 236 part-time employees. Of such employees, 227 were sales representatives, 1,726 were operations personnel and 329 were employed in corporate support functions. The 329 includes all support: HR, finance, Technical support, payroll, marketing, quality, operations and sales. Have things changed that much in a year to make a 3:1 ratio?

Now stop worrying, quit complaining,stay focused, and get back to work.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is UHS' biggest expense?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GB's mortgage?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The equipment we've lost in Houston?