Openings

Discussion in 'Systagenix Wound Care' started by Anonymous, Oct 20, 2014 at 3:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Got a call from a recruiter saying you can make 130-160 per year. How accurate is that? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Is this a good company to work for?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's a little high. Top Rep might make that more close to 150 Avg rep makes about 110. I would wait until there's a clearer direction with what Acelity is going to do with this group. People are dropping like flies because of all the uncertainty.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I haven't heard that anyone quit? Who left?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard 2 in S.E. and many others looking. How can anyone help but not look when you have so much uncertainty about your job? Not too mention how KCI treats their employees, you're just a number in their eyes. It's too quiet. Vacation gone as we know it, cars gone in march. Look out for yourself because the company won't.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You did

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Prepare for micro management hell coming from people that don't understand the business.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WTF.. What do you mean your f**king with my pay. You people need to get a clue.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, the top dogs are gone at the end of December?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yup and this whole division will be gone by next year

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you really think that?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Different poster here. I do think that the division will be gone. It will begin with the remaining managers. This is a layer that is not needed. I do think then by the end of the year they will integrate the remaining reps and products under the new Acelity division.

You need to remember, APEX is trying desperately to sell this company. They have a leg up on negative pressure right now and could have another leg in the air with dissolving Systagenix. Get ready for insertion. Plus rep goals and quotas will be unattainable. It's going to be a miserable 2015.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very sad. The RSMs held the ship together all these years.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interested in how the company is doing in 2015.

Worked for KCI after making great money on the stock, years ago. Made ok money ($120+) until the Cathy ("I hate customers!!) and Mike ("I hate Sales Reps!") Show came to town. Everything was downhill after that. Hours worked went up over 65, at least 3 weeks out of 4. District Manager doing "Surprise!" Ride-Alongs (They lived in my territory) constantly to make their ride-along requirement, especially at the end of every month. Constant last-minute reports, especially on Fridays and over holidays. There was a Regional Mngr (Mike-something) who seemed to be as big an ass as Cathy or Mike. Interesting that he provided so much stress, but had the heart attack. On the positive side, the VAC was a cool, (though over-engineered) product. It healed some of the toughest, craziest wounds I ever saw! The delivery system was ridiculous, rarely worked well and cost a FORTUNE.

Many customers already hated KCI and Cathy made sure to get the rest on board. EVERYBODY hated KCI after she was there 6 months. I actually heard Mike D. say some of the most disrespectful things about KCI reps. In general, the reps were well-trained- better than most in the Industry, anyway. He hated spending money on training. The CC's, though, were particular targets for him, in cutting expenses. They separated the bed business and then jettisoned it, I think.

I had just received the new "No Compete" agreement that included Systagenix.... When I was contacted and recruited by Systagenix! They had a cool concept: Treat Employees, Customers and Patients Well." Fortunately, I never signed the KCI agreement. Systagenix training was not at the same level as KCI's, but it was ok for a Dressing company. The selling point was mostly the quality and research from J & J. They kept the original researchers like Breda and Derrick. That carried a lot of weight in the Industry. That- and the PROMISE of a diagnostic test!

At Systegenix, unlike some, I was doing ok, starting to grow a nice market share, until the Kathy ("What the hell is a wound??") and Alyssa ("Isn't Kathy BRILLIANT?") Show came to town. 4 (or was it 5?)Presidents in a few years. I had 4 Managers in that time- and 4 differently-drawn territories, too. The last manager was a total TOOL. NO wound care experience and minimal management experience. He sucked.... The life out of the entire District. Then, badly planned EpiFix, where we were supposed to spend a huge amount of time, under penalty of death... But then, Kathy turned down a huge trial at a KOL Institution in my territory, because Systagenix would have had to "buy" 6 grafts for the trial... She had VISION! Idiot. Back to running a little home care agency for her?

Got out right before the NEW "No Compete" fiasco happened there and before they were sold to KCI/Acelity. I heard that the diagnostic test was not part of the sale..?

I can't imagine why anyone would want a company that had not been hugely profitable with a FOCUS on AWC, unless they just wanted to add some additional sales to go along with their "big" product, the VAC. Why would you want that Sales Force? Originally, SWM had hired all superstars in the Wound Care space by promising to pay and treat them well, but those reps were LOOONG gone. Almost every rep who had made Pres Inner Circle was GONE! Plus, Acelity already had reps from 2 divisions in the hospital, dealing with every surgeon/physician and OUTSIDE the hospital, dealing with every nurse, WCC and HH agency.. What was the plan?

Has it worked??

Any plans to go public with the company? Wouldn't it be more profitable to get rid of the SWM managers and then keep any good reps to sell the VAC or Grafts?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great read my friend !! Would you happen to be part of the sweet 16? If so I was as well. I realized after a year that this place was a skid mark on my resume and left. Worked with lots of Great people and hope they saw the writing on the wall. Best part of training was the keg in corp office . RIP SCOTT

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not a former employee, but a former competitor. KCI reps were formidable, but not now. KCI had the clinical program and the money to support it. Now, KCI has lost respect in the market. It usd to be very difficult to go head-to-head against KCI, but is not a problem now. KCI had a complete program for advanced wound care. The beds and support surfaces were quality. KCI is looking for a marketing angle now, and it shows.