Endo to sell off AMS

Discussion in 'American Medical Systems' started by Anonymous, Aug 23, 2014 at 6:10 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is in charge here?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The inmates.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very quiet, rumor mill has stopped. I bet any previous close deal has gone poof*

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There was not a deal that were ready to be closed. Bring out the wrecking ball.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard Quinn made a tender bid on us today

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry no deal! Camille rejected again!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you really believe Camille has the power to reject a deal?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, I think the purchaser rejected Camille. That is the way I read it.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Historically,any big Pharma company that gets involved with lasers has failed miserably.Look at j and j and bsc as past examples.At this point in time,AMS is alienating both physicians and the providers of the products(mobilizers) Greenlight.All R and D has stopped along with production.Management with no laser background has adopted a scorched earth policy that has become a PR nightmare for them.AMS should consider letting go of all laser greenlight management along with sales people and sell fibers to anyone willing to pay for them.Shareholders have no idea that AMS has product on shelves it refuses to sell due to flawed program.Couple this with the lawsuits with the the vaginal mesh and you have a real loser.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why sell it when we can give it away when the quarter ends? The blind leading the deaf.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

J&J ruins every company they buy so you better hope that doesn't happen and I am sure it won't. Acclarent and Mentor are 2 of the most recent who were great companies and until J&J tore them apart.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Big difference: J&J buys GREAT companies. AMS is not a great company. AMS's best days are long gone so there is no need to worry that we will be purchased by J &J.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Even the thought of J&J buying is a joke. They're pulling out of the Gyn market altogether and don't have a noticeable presence in urology. They buy companies that fit into their portfolios for future growth. Buying AMS never made sense.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So AMS sucks and isn't anything like the good old days, blah blah. Go to every one of these companies on this site and read the same thing. Take out company A and insert company B...it's an INDUSTRY issue not a company issue. Everybody wants to make 200k+ with no competition....those days are over and the environment is much more complex. Before you get on the Camille theme AGAIN, look at every other company....same deal, different Camille but "somebody needs to be accountable for my suckiness" so blame someone else. Also remember that the door works both ways but don't forget to check out your next company on CP for completely accurate information written by positive achievers that are more brilliant than everyone else in the company. Thanks for wasting two minutes of your life reading my post, I feel better!

And let me save you..."thanks Camille, HR or anybody else that might dare to not bash the company they work for on this site, thanks for checking in" --yawn

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If it's true that R and D along with production is no longer part of GL then no matter what anyone says that part of the AMS business is done.If it's true that numerous mobilizers across are being terminated as their contracts expire it's over.Their attorneys are going to have a field day with this one.Imagine being told that after buying expensive laser equipment and now realizing it's virtually useless.Industry standard I guess?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one holds a gun to my head. AMS has suffered from a lack of leadership and accountibility for years. I enjoy what I do and I am here untill a better offer comes my way. I also filter much of what is written here. But make no mistake home office pollyannas who exist simply to protect themselves post here a lot.

The entire industry is not bad. But if you think for a nano second that the morale in the field is good you are crazy. I've never seen it so bad and our competition is taking advantage of it. I could care less if you feel better or worse. AMS has people in leadership position that are clueless but they are loyal to camille. I've never met and rode with someone who skin is so thin. The executive team around him is the same and this is why AMS is circling the drain.

When a company cannot examine the good things and bad things that impact its business and freely talk about them without fear of getting fired for providing specific feedback you know its over. Its been over for 3 years.