Is the long anticipated event imminent?

Discussion in 'Smith & Nephew' started by Anonymous, Oct 30, 2014 at 4:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Olivier Bohoun is looking to move to Sanofi. We report earnings on guidance and our stock surges. The six month moratorium for Stryker is up next week. Syncera is barely mentioned in the earnings report. Tornier merges with Wright Medical, meaning that both of those companies have given up the hope of being bought by one of the big guys. So, any ideas when the end of these dark, dark days will occur?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When you go away. Now shut up and sell something.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm taking one of my docs to a webinar on direct anterior, that should help. Shaking the tree, boss....

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think you are off a month on the Stryker thing. I believe it was late May when they were looking. I could be wrong.

If Sanofi had waited another 6 mo. then I think Buhon is a stronger candidate. As of now, he has 6 more months on his S&N contract.

If Styker were to make an offer (and I don't think they will), the outgoing CEO is usually asked to stay until the deal closes... So, if Olivier Buhon wants to be the new CEO of the largest French Pharma company, he should NOT make a deal with Stryker that will tie him up for the next 10-12 months... or better yet, QUIT NOW.

It won't matter though. Remember what those Englishmen said? "Meet the new boss... Same as the old boss......... DON'T GET FOOLED, AGAIN"

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who said that ?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

...The Who.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With every other company merging/bought out, how will Snn even compete?! No one else available for them to acquire.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They will buy Conmed Dec 1.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Two looser companies.... That would be a interesting combo Hahahaha

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Definitely buying Conned. Great fit in terms of products, geography, and culture.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not happening

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bump

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can only hope that someone will come along and rescue you from the cesspool known as Smith & Nephew Advanced Surgical Devices!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not happening.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be on the board if you know it's not happening!! no one that comes on this site has a clue what will happen

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You assume that SNN wants to compete. It's obvious fom all of the bonehead decisions they've made that they're not lily interested in competing. Just hold their place in the market & keep doing stupid shit to protect the margins! Beyond that, who really cares?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

QUOTE=Anonymous;5258539]I think you are off a month on the Stryker thing. I believe it was late May when they were looking. I could be wrong.

If Sanofi had waited another 6 mo. then I think Buhon is a stronger candidate. As of now, he has 6 more months on his S&N contract.

If Styker were to make an offer (and I don't think they will), the outgoing CEO is usually asked to stay until the deal closes... So, if Olivier Buhon wants to be the new CEO of the largest French Pharma company, he should NOT make a deal with Stryker that will tie him up for the next 10-12 months... or better yet, QUIT NOW.

It won't matter though. Remember what those Englishmen said? "Meet the new boss... Same as the old boss......... DON'T GET FOOLED, AGAIN"[/QUOTE]

Pretty spot on analysis, given that Buhon recently said he is not leaving for Sanofi. I don't see a Stryker deal happening. The price is out of whack with reality and Smith & Nephew (I.e. Board and London exchange) consider SNN stock as a national point of pride. They are proud to be one of the largest healthcare companies in UK - never mind that the majority of revenue, profits, and operations are in US.
    Look for deal whispers to die after it's leaked to the media that it isn't going to happen. SNN will drop 5% that day, and remain mostly flat until the next round of takeover whispers start up in 4 years.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What the fuck do you know wise ass?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bohuon not jumping to Sanofi might support that a Stryker buyout is more probable. His SN stock options would go way up in value with a Stryker buyout. Such high value options could provide an incentive for Bohuon to stay at SN in order to cash-in, rather than jumping straight away to Sanofi.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

British phrasing. You at corporate in London?