Ways to improve...

Discussion in 'Acumed' started by Anonymous, Nov 6, 2014 at 2:54 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Align departments?
    Align goals?
    More communication/clarity?
    What products?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have Bob/ET publicly acknowledge that the company "values" handed down to us last month are where we want to be, not where we are. And then talk about how whT changed will be put into place to get there.

Until that's done, they are no more than an example of the disconnect between the ET and everyone else.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So well said. I hope they read this and take that advice. But it seems that bury heads in the sand, blame long gone leadership and rule by fear seems to be their primary focus.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As much as it pains me to say this, but rule by fear has always been the tactics at Acumed. The only reason people realize it now is because upper management is not singling out particular people. A few years ago, only certain people were targeted. Now everyone has a bull’s eye. Quite a bit of the favoritism left when they canned JR. Not many people with power around to offer protection to their pals.
    And I am not saying they should have kept JR, getting rid of him was the right move.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A few items to add to the above quote.

HR/ET need to learn a happy employee equals an engaged, productive employee. Not the current mentality that employees and lazy children who have been over-indulged previously.

HR needs to rebuild their relationship with the company. Sure they work for colson, we get it. But MM decisions to cancel policies that had allowed productive employee conversations has spoken volumes to every one.

Okay ET you need to hear this next part. You have no idea what is actually going on in your company. I know you think you do and that people are telling you updates and giving you reports but these do not reflect what is actually going on. Chaos and confusion reigns for the folks doing the work. It has never been harder to get work done.

Finally ET and upper management need to be accountable just like all us peons are. There have been some good new hires and some catastrophic ones. There have been some appropriate terminations and some frankly pitiful ones. Some of these changes have destroyed departments, maimed once streamlined processes, or worse hurt realationships with our customers.

I really hope someone from ET reads this thread. I would like to see Acumed rebound and prosper.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with you in wanting to see Acumed prosper.

What policy did MM cancel? I wasn't aware of something else taken away from me and my team...

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who have been the good hires? What departments?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This!

I am not sure if MM actually cancels policies- so much as perpetuates mistrust and a secretive dollar focused (not people) culture. Maybe I am naive but I always felt there was a balance between the over relaxed HR team and the "humans are just machines" Operation team in the past.

I can't seem to understand HRs function anymore. It certainly isn't to prevent litigation, create a positive culture, have balance, advocate for employees... perhaps it is to just push like a steamroller BJ's agenda.

As for the ET- You are all carbon copies of eachother. Yes there may be a little more actual diversity- but as far as "thought diversity" there is none. There is only minions that seem to not be able to have a creative thought or push the boundaries.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not HR but I guess I'm doing something productive that the could anonymously do besides their hotline.

All the negativity in the above threads about firing, this one I started is about the ET. But I still must know, what can productively be done to improve our culture, teamwork, product line, business, all of which will lead to Acumed's success.

I'll start....honesty.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Retain top talent.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The top talent has either left or is looking to leave. It broke my heart to leave, but the company I loved is gone and in its place is a nightmare with no end in sight.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

a nightmare? come on...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Says someone who doesn't work in the rank and file

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Must agree about retaining talent. Need to look at turnover patterns, both free will and involuntary, and ask the hard question "Why?" Are the right people in the right positions? Has the person that left or is looking to leave been coached, afforded growth opportunities, or even talked to? This should be addressed from the floor workers, to the reps, all the way to ET. Everyone knows there is no training or department to develop success in place.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You did us a favor by leaving. None of us care about your whining. Must bother you as you still post here.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I care that good people are leaving. Maybe if you would open up to feedback we could stop the flow of exits.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All you care about is causing problems.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Aww....is your reign of miserable leadership not making everyone happy? Are you envious that RH and AK get all the love, when no one appreciates how wonderful you believe the current leadership is?

People care because this had been a company we loved and believed in. We lost that company to ego-driven, smooth talking, limited capability neanderthals.

Any first year business course would show the current Acumed leadership as how to not run a company. RH and AK were models of doing it right - not only humanely but good for business. If BP were still alive, none of the current leadership would have jobs at Acumed.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Glad you are being such the informer! When you and all of your glorious knowledge starts a company, let me know. Looks like you are fortune 500 material. I know we look at these amazing posts and will cherish them. Bill Gate in the making.