HIV position

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by Anonymous, Jun 28, 2014 at 9:12 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In my area of country the HIV and HCV divisions are separate and not hybrid. I was called for an HIV position. My understanding is one product expires in 2015 and other in 2017. Is this HIV position stable or more of a temporary position? Any information would be appreciated

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The position and potential co-workers are permanently unstable.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't want to leave my current position to be laid off in a year or 2

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then don't even entertain the though of working for BMS. They are the poster child for unstable Pharma companies with their annually Xmas layoffs.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Run! Sinking ship.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have to agree. In a little fairness to BMS though, this is a crazy time to be in pharma. Seems like all industry forecasts are too optimistic. Couple that with long in the tooth products and companies are managing P&L quarter to quarter, not for growth.

If you have a stable territory, seniority and a good product runway- stay put.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I left the industry, but was enticed back with the good base salary. I looked at the patent expirations and got concerned. They told me lots in the pipeline. I have heard that before. The base salary is hard to turn down though

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If sales are not up to snuff they can make these positions hybrid once again and one of the reps will be gone. Risky job