Attune

Discussion in 'DePuy Ortho' started by Anonymous, Feb 25, 2014 at 9:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So once again name a facility that DePuy dropped their price on Attune.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

attune with no compromise=Conformis

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Competitive rep here.

It's not a bad knee. Let's face it....the Sigma was total crap and RP was a band aid on that crap. Huge box cut, patellar clunk, and difficult to balance, even for expert users. Attune is definitely a step up, after embracing current data. I think they've done a decent job with it. No big conversions in my territory, but it's stemmed the tide of customers that had been going to a vanguard and triathlon somewhat. The Depuy rep at one of my accounts is a bit of a dick, who doesn't get along well with OR staff and his inherited docs definitely hear about it... another guy is moron who needs help on every revision he books...only surgeons he has are longtime users who aren't going to jump to anything. A third is really good at his job and I expect him to convert a guy or two with what they've done on the knee.

Zimmer has been able to turn more business over with Persona, thus far. A couple of volume users in the last few months have made the jump, although one of them is talking about switching to Stryker whenever the Mako total knee is released to all users. Sould be an interesting couple of years with 3 new knee products from 3 of the 4 big boys....and before someone brings up SN and J2, I'll just say that unless you've got a guy that had it crammed down his throat in fellowship, he should be a target. One of my docs gave me the heads up that he was going o try the J2 so the SN rep would stop bugging him about it. 136min of tourniquette time later, he said never again. I still rib him about it when we do full revisions in 90 or less.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All over NC.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All of my accounts are capitated, and since attune does not have the MB option available, it is priced the same as Vanguard, Triathlon, NexGen, Persona. My guess is that since there is a carve out for mobile bearing knees in a handful of my hospitals, that we will see the Attune MB knee priced under that construct when it is introduced to market.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When's there gonna be a press-fit option?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RP just rolled out

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So sigma was a piece of junk and DePuy are idiots for trying to develop a new one? Is that the consensus. You guys are a joke. Look at registry data and what's published. Sigma and LCS both have a good clinical history. Most of you probably have never seen attune. All knees out there work. Every company has a diffent position on why theirs works better. Zimmer is going for fit with persona, Stryker feels the single radius, Biomet is going for fit, smith and nephew is going for kinematics with journey 2. Depuy is going for kinematics and happens to have a lot of sizes which should help fit. All companies are addressing wear through poly or Oxinium.