Backorders and recalls

Discussion in 'DePuy Ortho' started by Anonymous, Jul 7, 2014 at 5:05 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is going on at corporate. Every time I turn around there is a backorder. Can't do a reverse without locking screws being on back order. Can't do a revision knee with out SROM or LPS having big backorder issues. Can't keep a hospital stocked with cement with out backorders.

You can't claim to be the market leader in shoulders and knee revisions and then not provide the field products to support those categories.

People need to lose their jobs for all this. I have to go tell my surgeons that I won't have locking screws for my reverse cases. I am fortunate enough that I have a loyal customer base. If I was a surgeon I would switch companies. I have to go tell a surgeons that I may have holes in my inventory when we do a knees. These conversations can lead to a loss of business and income. Someone should at least have the decency to send out an apology and/or explanation to the field and let us know what they have done to fix it.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nah we don't apologize. We just complain about reps who whine.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know why bone cement is on back order?!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nah we don't apologize. We just complain about reps who whine.

The issues previously mentioned are not whining. They are real and serious issues. If DePuy significantly cut your operating budget, resources, introduced significant setbacks to your product launch would you sit quietly. How about if those issues led to your pay being decreased? The attitude that the posted displayed is exactly the problem in Warsaw right now.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

welcome to orthopedic implant sales! backorders have been around since the beginning of time and grow up and deal wit it!!
    If your office were worth a dam they would find what you need and solve it, if not keep crying on cf

Easier to cry than solve it

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is a great motto...just because its always been a problem doesn't mean it should be one going forward. Its called improvement. There is no excuse for these ongoing backorders. It's not a a one week or even one month problem, it is constant. It is a joke for such a large company.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YOU ARE A JOKE!! This is a problem for every company for a long time. When whiney reps like yourself cry about business plans etc it results in poor forecasting planning and results in backorders

my god you are a pussy

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only thing that corporate cares about is the bottom line and how much they send back to JNJ and the stock holders. Thus keeping inventory at the lowest levels possible. This is true for any company. I do agree that the backorder situation is a pain in the a.. Many times I have had to drive over 100 miles to get parts to do a case because of the backorder situation. The sad thing is that corporate does not care about the people in the field. Just look at the commission cuts and lets not forget about the med device tax being pushed entirely on the field reps.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a marketing person at DePuy I can tell you from the comments made around the office that you are correct, the sales reps are just a burden to the new culture. I hate to tell you it's not going to change. We need to focus on self promoting and patting each other's back.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a shame. If it was a family member on the table you wouldn't think back orders were an issue. I am not talking about the occasional backorder of various products. Those happen and are a part of it. I'm talking about huge back order issues with certain product lines that have been going on most of the year. I'm talking about delta sets shipping out without a single locking screw and missing parts of the stems. The distributor inventories are running out of these or are out of these because they are back ordered. I'm talking about LPS sets shipping out missing half the stems. I'm talking about it is almost impossible to get hinge femurs. These problems have been going on for a while. To the Warsaw people posting that these are reps whining I really hope you or your family are in a surgery where a part that the surgeon needs is on backorder. You may have a different out look. Maybe you could come be there when we have to explain why we won't have certain parts to the surgeons.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let me guess; you might do $800,000 in sales? Probably one big shoulder doc and a few other customers. It is clear you are annoying to all so go call your distributor and tell him to get the inventory. It is out there I am sure. You sound like an occupy wall street type hippie to me.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do your sales numbers have to do with this? Let me guess; you inherited a few million in business and convert zero competitive business. I don't care if you have zero business, you should be able to do a reverse with locking screws. They use the same length the majority of the time. Is it really that hard to project? As a poster mentioned earlier, if the corporate peoples paychecks were directly effected by this, they would figure out a way to produce the implants.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one takes ownership of back orders. There certainly wouldn't be any type of punishment for it. They continue to be over paid wanna be's. Their paychecks or bonus will never get touched. That's not how this game gets played.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, pure entertainment. A corporate guy calling a field rep a pussy because of back order issues. I don't work for DePuy, but that is uncalled for. I agree with the sales rep because I can attest to the aggravation of constant back orders from my company. There should be no excuse for back orders for products that are used daily, ever. Hire more people if you can't keep up. Let me tell you something corporate guy, be quiet. Surgeons will only put up with the back order excuse for so long before they convert to another company. That's a fact.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is not always lack of manpower or machines that cause back order situations. Regulation both real and imagined is certainly not helping our back order problems.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

who said I was corp

btw you are more of a pussy than the other guy

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's pretty obvious you are corporate. You have no understanding of how the sales, service, and relationship side of this business works. You don't understand how backorders effect the field. You don't seem to have a clue about what quantities of these products are actually in the field. You don't seem to care about whether our customers and patients are getting the best parts or needed sizes for a case.

Let me guess, you also think all the surgeons use our products because we have the best products and not because of relationships. You probably think whatever App you helped create is a more valuable resource than sales reps when it comes to converting surgeons. You have obviously never been in an OR or only been a few times or you would have a better understanding. The highlight of your year is probably working on one of those terrible music videos they show at NSM.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What? M.E. singing Pat Benetar wasn't good??? She worked a lot of well payed hours on that!

It isn't that they don't understand why you're so upset and how this impacts business. It's obvious they don't care. It doesn't affect them. The main problem I have with the sales reps is when they have an opportunity to speak up and change things they don't. When they are in front of the upper crust they walk the political line. Stop venting on here and make a phone call. If those at the director and vp level get enough I bet things get handled a little differently.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I will state again you are a pussy! I am from the field and have been for 27 years and have worn every hat possible. A successful rep ( or person ) for that matter takes what is given to him and deals with it. If you have a backorder get what you need have the office track it down but quit bitching!! I know more about relationships than you will ever know Go put your typing energy into a sales call I have seen your type many time the big man behind the scenes but a pussy in front of management Have you ever challenged your distrib to get what you need Have you called him out have you called your rvp

no no and no your are most likely a spoon fed cover rep so bag boy ask to be sent only to bipolars

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You definitely are not a 27 year veteran in the field. Those guys are not posting on cafepharma during work hours even if it is Friday. You are calling someone a pussy on cafepharma so this has obviously struck a nerve. I don't have a dog in this fight as I work for a competitor. Sounds like you guys have some issues. I will be sure to go talk to my Depuy docs to see if they are having any issues with getting products. Thanks for the info