New Hire Info Request (please)

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, Aug 27, 2014 at 8:15 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone give me idea of new hire training ? Trying to gain knowledge on culture and what is expected and how long training and away duration. I know this board is mostly negative but would greatly appreciate any information as trying to make decisions if I can be away for any new training requirements. Last job interview they required 4 straight weeks.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe it's 1 week at first and then a few months later you go for another 2 weeks.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It use to be 1 week and then a full 2 weeks.. I believe they changed it now fitting everything in 2 weeks. Culture is typical pharma training stuff if you have ever done it. Classroom time all day and several tests that they prep you pretty well for. There are always a few reps from the field there helping with training(DST's) that tend to have egos and are trying to impress everybody. Overall its not bad. The hardest part is the grind of a straight 2 weeks.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for information this helps and much better than 4 straight weeks at Otsuka training.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you nuts!?! You don't turn down Otsuka for Alcon. Too many people at Alcon would trade places with you in a NY minute. Suck it up and take 4 week training. Come home on the weekends.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you will find out the hard way coming here. Two years and reality will hit you. Take the other road and don't look back. This place has seen the biggest migration of talent for a reason. Obvious you have done no research or contacted people. You are a dope asking info on this site. You sound like you have a lot to learn. Just the person Alcon likes.