Get out while the getting is good!

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Jan 9, 2015 at 8:21 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I feel your pain. So many disgruntled or fired people come on here and talk crap about greener pastures, and list plenty of "vagueries". Ask the frequent poster to post a link to the company that the hear is hiring former pharma people, and coming CLOSE to matching our salary package.

I know that the "field force" industry as a whole is sinking, and many are moving to a new business model. But I think the smart move is to stay here (teachers hours, professor's salary), save money, look into a new career while still employed.

If we get clipped…OK, we've prepared for it, and can launch career #2. If we HAVENT prepared, and drank the koolaid believing that reach and frequency is the strategy of the future….well, shame on us!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

70% pay cut may be true, but that would be OK for those who have been here 20+ years and were smart enough to save a lot. Once you hit your 50's, you realize that life is short and I would happily accept a package so that one of the people who are "being allowed to express a preference" might get my job if they need it. My plans are in place.....what I need more of now is time, not money, and am sensitive to those who are younger with families and kids.