Diedre dismantled

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Dec 3, 2014 at 7:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually, the new forecast.numbers are more optimistic than I would have expected. How in the world can DD or any other GSK non-leader expect anything but failure from this company? When you base promotions on skin color and gender and pay people for the same as well as achieving meaningless hits and visits to a set number of customers this is what you get. Naive little children.....that's all they are!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Those were from the article in First Word. I guess that author as well as the one from the Bloomberg article hate her too?

Keep up the great work defending her! You lack of one fact and your juvenile name calling are hurting her more than any other post on this site.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In your opinion, does this include sexual orientation?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, not sure of how you mean but yes, GSK will consider sexual orientation when hiring....of course they do. The primary mission is to "get even" with the oppressive "good ole boy" (white guys) network. "Power to the people!!!" "Workers unite!" It really is a DAMNING indictment of liberal social policies which harms affirmative action and the case for (forced) diversity.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Aren't the overwhelming majority of the leadership here straight white men? Why would they design and allow such practices?

Answer: Cuz we've been successfully sued so many friggin times for being so OBVIOUS in how we discriminated! Its just like crying about Patient First: of course it's an idiotic policy. But we were so friggin OBVIOUS with violating rules, agreements, ethics, etc that we are now paying the piper, and will continue to do so for another 4 years.

Don't worry, though. I strongly suspect that a significant number of us won't be here for another 2 years, anyway.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WTF? You act like our company was/is the paragon of virtue when it comes to hiring and promoting talent. It wasn't, and it isn't. Do I have to name names of the crappy leaders we've had from, oh, say 1995-2005? Holy crap, I probably hate affirmative action more than most, but lets call a spade a spade, shall we? Go back to the early 2000s cafepharma posts, and open your eyes to the crap we had here. I guarantee that not very many of the managers we complained about back then were gay or Hispanic, or anything other than white men, and a few crazy women.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd take Garnier, Leshley, or Bob Ingram over Witty who is a moron. As for the rest? David Pernok , Dennis White. And Bill Collier were all competent. They were all a huge step above Jorge and idiots like Jay S so I totally disagree with your post.

Paxil Advair and Augmentin all performed extremely well versus expectations. Today's leadership is a joke.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The author of the article doesn't make dc hate posts every day like you do. The good news is that there are good mental health professionals that can help you with your problem. You just have to reach out for that help.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Witty, Jorge, and Jay S are proving part of that other poster's point: they are not "diversity" hires.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Were Garnier, Leshley, Bob I., Pernok, White, Collier at all complicit in the activities that "won" us a $3 Billion fine from Department of Justice, smoking the then-record $2.2 Billion fine by that snake in the grass, Pfizer?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Paxil Augmentin and Advair were doing $10 billion a year in sales near the end. A small price to pay to do business ally the time. This place was a marketing machine. Just took things a little too far.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"A little too far?" Uhmmm…since when does DOJ dole out multi billion dollar fines for "a little too far"? Worse, think of people, many of whom were children, that we harmed.

In the largest settlement involving a pharmaceutical company, the British drugmaker GlaxoSmithKline agreed to plead guilty to criminal charges and pay $3 billion in fines for promoting its best-selling antidepressants for unapproved uses (PEDIATRIC USE??) and FAILING TO REPORT SAFETY DATA about a top diabetes drug, federal prosecutors announced Monday. The agreement also includes civil penalties for improper marketing of a half-dozen other drugs.

So yes, we paid off KOLs, and took docs on junkets with their wives and girlfriends. Yes, we paid off docs to switch to our drugs. Of course, we paid big writers to be "speakers", when all they did was write more of our drug, and then invite their friends to the local 4 star steakhouse for a "roundtable discussion". All of those things are "a little too far".

The fine was for egregious, unethical violations, my friend. Talk to a psych about the effects of what we did….

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh stop being a drama queen. All of the speaker games were being played by all of big pharma and they still are being played today. GSK is hog tied by the CIA so they can no longer participate.

It's a shame to see what has happened here post CIA. The place is now filled nothing but zombies pushing a loser strategy called Patient First. It will never work. The last 5 failed drug launches have proven that. The company has been destroyed and is the joke of the industry.

The only solution is to get the heck out of there. GSK is going nowhere and the stock price reflects that.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One good dismantling deserves another.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Be nice everyone!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe I AM a little sensitive because one of the teen that were adversely affected by one of our little "faux pas" was from my home town.

Next: Patient First is designed to be part of our punishment. Don't you get it? We're like Germany, post WWI. No one can convince me that the powers-that-be didn't know that we would get our asses handed to us by taking away the financial incentive to steal market share.

Last: I think that Pfizer and we (and many Forest Labs?) were the biggest abusers of the dine and dash, 4 star dinner program with no lecture, fake speaking honoraria, dinner and a show "dinner" programs for docs and their significant others. At least in my neck of the woods, we were. No one else even came close and I had a major urban area.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We can't sell.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are you so mean?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is called frustration stemming from really crappy guidance.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

other companies have had CIAs. Our poor leadership (DD) just put us in a position that makes us unable to be successful