FRC Closing

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Jan 16, 2015 at 8:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I interviewed there, and they don't call it BJs for nothing.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm almost relieved to be let go at this point. The single-ply toilet paper in Ruvane made it virtually impossible to wipe clean after a big dump. There is no telling how many pairs of underwear I've destroyed over the years. I hope my next job at least has nice toilet paper.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your mind is in the sewer......we know why you were fired.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not only was FRC cut (well eliminated) but all field support groups were as well. Commercial Capabilities, Patient First, Professional Programs, Marketing, and the list goes on. If it was bad before think again after everyone leaves? And it will continue to happen. Just stating the facts.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If there was confusion before, between the IT FRC and FRC business support you will find out very soon. FRC business phone support will be cut off soon.
    Get ready, get ready, get ready!

Not complaining, the strategic bridge is built, let's see how high the water will rise and who can swim.

Change is not coming, it's already here.

Impacted employee,

Lol!!!!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry to hear this news. The FRC has always been a huge help. Good luck to all those impacted.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And a friendly reminder, FRC was made up of GSK full time employees, not contractors. However that is who we will be dealing with from now on. And we know how that goes. I guess the displaced field reps end up being the ones that lucked out after all!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wish we could get Scott Carrera back to save us!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just found out there is not even a transition here. No skeleton crew. Once the FRC is gone, and it's all of them, we are on our own.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

might be good without them.....

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not sure how closing our "live employee help system" is a good sign of the health or direction of our organization.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Called FRC earlier this wk. not only are they leaving but the eservice too. For questions we will need to go to connect gsk and look for answers or go to our managers. And we know how well that has worked.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard that FRC colleagues were given their marching dates today!
    Anyone know when the FRC will officially close, stop taking phone calls and researching issues.

I can't believe my only support will be my FLL and self service gadget, portal, website.

OMG!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe all the dates are the same for in-bldg staff
    Close out by 3/11/15 and 60 day notice period would start on 3/23/15

Will anyone be left?
    Who rep call doing transition period?

I guess the "New ways of working" behavior model will help us!
    I'm going to call my manager and he will tell me to call the FRC.

Lol,

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There goes a very dedicated group of employees. Oh leadership, what have you done??

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So who helps with IT issues moving forward?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It will probably be outsourced to the Elbonians

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Former employee here. Xerox took over the call center. They so a real nice job and I'm not joking. They handled all of my IRA rollover stuff very professionally. You won't miss a beat without FRC.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The same Xerox that handles HR? I tried to roll over my 401k and it was a huge hassle so I kept it where it was, this is another poor decision!!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Correction/clarification on the last few posts:
    IT FRC is an outsource vendor not connected to the FRC business support group.
    IT FRC will continue to handle: laptop issues, technical matters, system access and expense service support.

Xerox is an outsource vendor which handles all HR employee related matters.

The eliminated FRC business support team are not contract employees.

The inquiries/issues reported to FRC will transition to the self service and FLLs
    IT FRC nor Xerox cannot handle business related issues.

Field advocate!!