Panic Mode = Better Culture

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Jan 24, 2015 at 9:16 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I read a couple other posts where it was obvious at this past weeks fast start/Incruse plus Arnuity launch meetings that leaderships is in panic mode. This is the impression I am getting as well.

So it makes me ask and I realize I am probably being naive here - does this mean things get better?

I am not so sure things will get better for these reasons - we have patient first until 2019 and probably beyond, GSK does not want to pay the sales teams on sales, and if you notice managers and VPs over the past month or two have been saying we have to SELL after going 3 plus years of saying we are not about the sales - also hearing MCE to be simplified or trimmed down…again mixed messages.

Very confusing messages coming from leadership. Not to mention the fact that the 2 people most responsible for this mess are still in place.

We have products that could be doing very well but we have developed a culture in the sales field that it will take a major shift to be what we could be.

So does the most recent panic mode = a better culture?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree, they are in full panic mode and most of the complicated management implementations are being swept under the rug as we "simplify methods". No mention from top management that they realize every program they have rolled out since "patient first" started has been over complicated, demotivating, and non-transparent. We still have those same US leaders today which in sales reps minds remains the most discouraging part of why our culture will probably remain the way it is.

The words "patient first" were not mentioned one time in our three day fast start meeting.
    Buzz in the room is that cuts will happen by year end even if we achieve lofty sales goals.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Panic Mode = Better Culture = The Unbearable Genius of lycoming

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Word is already out. Cuts coming next Thanksgiving. Respiratory will be cut by 30%. CVMU cut by 30%. Managers will be cut by 30%. Span of control for TSMs will go to 13 reps per district. Rumor also has merger as a possibility. Best time to find a job is while you have a job...word to the wise.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

s o o n e r

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Lycomingenius and her punane are to thank for the disaster we face.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is a characteristic of wisdom not to do desperate things. Henry David Thoreau.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Need the sales force right now because of the launch. It wouldn't look good to Wall St to cut sales reps now. Probably will happen by year end .

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Totally agree with OP. Very Nicely Stated. Folks you need to get out while you can.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with myself yet again. Aren't I clever. Besides, you can't even tell it is me posting over and over again, even though I use the same words and phrases.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They're still paying you to patrol here? Time for a new job. Working as a troll is no way to go through life son.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

for whom does the plant shill?
    It shills for dc.