company amex card goes on your credit report

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Nov 24, 2010 at 6:29 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just want to let everyone know that any defaulting or late payments on your company amex card is tied to you and will show up negative on your credit report. I found out the hard way after leaving gsk with a balance on my amex. A few people told me that it would be under gsk and not me, they were wrong. After checking my credit report last week I saw my amex as a negative account and delinquent. I ended up paying it off imediately. Just wanted to let you all know in case you think those balances are not your responsibility

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not trying to be on GSK's side, but ultimately, it is your responsibility to manage your Company Card. If you had done your expense reports properly and on time and attached all the "lines" each month, you should be fine. Mine sometimes has an extra balance since my full cell phone bill gets attached, so each month, its my responsibility to pay the difference. Dont quite understand your beef or why there was a balance left when you left???

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not trying to be on GSK's side, but ultimately, it is your responsibility to manage your Company Card. If you had done your expense reports properly and on time and attached all the "lines" each month, you should be fine. Mine sometimes has an extra balance since my full cell phone bill gets attached, so each month, its my responsibility to pay the difference. Dont quite understand your beef or why there was a balance left when you left???

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have no beef with GSK at all if you go back and read my post you will see that I am not blameing gsk for anything. I am simply telling people that any unpaid balance on your company amex goes on your credit report. I wish someone would have given me this information like I am giving to others now. There are a lot of people at gsk who think when they leave they are no longer repsonsible for the amex and that it is not held against tgeir credit.

I just want to give other the heads up that you can't just walk away from it. I have no beef, never blamed anyone just passing on some words of advice to others who thought the same way I did.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Balances in excess of 120 days are reported on your credit, nothing else.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

dispute. if not your charges, it is company responsibility. nice try, HR.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unpaid balances are your own fault. This is a non issue.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Non issue? Are you fcking retarded? The op is just passing on some friendly advice to others on here so they won't make the same mistake he/she made. Why does everything have to be an argument or a question of motives...

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I too had an issue with this. I was notified on June 5th (while on vacation) that I had been "deselected". I did an expense report before leaving for vacation and my balance reconciliation was $0. After being laid off, my card was deactivated (as told to me by the lady who came to my house to get my computer, verizon air card etc.). Months later, I started getting calls from Amex. My Amex was being charged (after being supposedly closed) by verizon for my wifi aircard which I was told by Verizon was deactivated. Not only did they charge my Amex two monthly service charges, but also a $140 early cancellation fee. Those charges incurred late charges. Basically, I had to pay over $500 out of pocket to avoid damages to my credit report. Now I am battling with GSK for reimbursement for charges made to the corporate card....AFTER I WAS DESELECTED. So....before you go assuming people were lazy, and didn't do expense reports etc., please realize there were some mistakes on GSK's side as well.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's the real fun.... I had a DM that took weeks to process expense reports. As a result, my payment was often late and I was hit with a late charge. I was told by by my ever so un-punctual DM that I could not expense late charges. So- I did what any reasonable person would do and paid the balance myself and carried a "credit" every month. It worked fine... until I quit working for this festering shit of a company.

I had a positive balance on my Amex card and wanted my money back... what a thought! AMEX told me that they could not release the funds to me b/c I wasn't the account holder. My DM did nothing to help. I finally spent a couple of hours on the phone with corporate to eventually have some cubicle monkey tell me "you are not entitled to the positive balance. It is a corporate card." When he finally got frustrated with my persistance his exact quote was "get over it. You aren't getting the money." When I told him I was going to get an attorney involved his response was "I guess you'll do what you have to do."

I actually had to get an attorney and file a lawsuit to get my AMEX balance back.

Bottom line- Its easier to deal with late fees than it is to get GSK to do what is right. This company will screw any employee, the government, patients, doctors.... if they think they can get away with it.

The pharma rep position is a dying breed and I know that it isn't easy to get out (no other industry considers us "sales" reps) but- do whatever you can to get motivated and get out. GSK is pushing people out the door with any excuse they can find. Leave on your own terms... and with zero balance on your AMEX!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To poster #10: I'm sorry you were deselceted. I'm sorry that gsk wouldn't give you your credit amount. You have a lot of valid points. HOWEVER, this was nothing personal on gsk's part. They were not trying to screw you. It's corporate America. Whadda ya goning to do. As far as reps being a dying breed as you say...patially true. The industry never needed this many reps. But the breed will never completely go away. To the dismay of corporate executives, reps are the best way to influence prescribing by physicians. Whetehr it's through indvidual physicians, medical groups, or through contracting with managed care plans. Reps are a necessary evil. Now, will there be more layoffs? More than likely. But there will always be reps and I hope to be one of them for quite awhile.

Question for you. What other industry would you suggest one get into if they were to look outisde of pharma?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2 1/2 years ago- I finally got into device sales. It took me over a year of inerviews with a dozen companies. Its more hard core with longer hours- but it pays better and for now- seems more secure. I had a 5 year run with GSK and it was a good ride. I was fortunate to have a great team and a lot of sucess though always seemed to finish just outside of tier awards every year.

I just got frustrated with GSK's leadership style... It seems like there are too many unethical plays made up the ladder... Avandia, production fines- now a GSK attorney just got charged with obstruction of justice in an FDA investigation. Scary to think about when GSK is run by attorneys. I wouldn't trade my experience with GSK for anything- the guys at the top are just too dirty for me.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1. Your full of shit because any company that does not reimburse an employee for their expenses or does not return a postive balance is doing it intentionally. It is also called fraud and is against the law.

2. If an employee submits their expense report during the time frame designated by the company and anyone within the company handling those payments who does not submit payment in an adequate time frame is ignoraning company policy. Any late fees incured on the card can be disputed, and/or expensed per the company policy. A DM that says anything different is lying and BSing. You need to contact the corporate card liason in the corporate office.