Is GSK a good place to work?

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Jan 9, 2015 at 9:54 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is GSK a good place to work?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is seal island off the coast of South Africa a great place to swim?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

that's a good one

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Plenty of good jobs for lawyers, I suppose.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Depends on what you do. I clean the bathrooms at corporate, and I like it because most white collar folks wipe after.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After several years at GSK I am going back to prostitution. Working conditions are better.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a great place to work: no sales numbers equals no pressure and you get paid six figures to fake calls and cheat on exams. Most reps love it and only a few post negative comments on here. Get onboard this train ASAP.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Blow me troll

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Short Answer: It WAS one of THE BEST but that was pre-DC (initials stand for a VP who has almost single handedly destroyed the company).

NOW we are going through substantial layoffs due to lack of sales. Sales force does NOT get paid for actual selling. I know crazy, right? They get paid for taking TESTS. Thus sales are abysmal, 30-40% of in house folks are being let go, and the culture has taken a nose dive. Positions are being down graded and there is a thick fear as well as a crabs in the barrel culture that is taking shape.

Work at GSK? Run away, far away as fast as you can if you know what's good. Don't say no one ever warned you if not....

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I CAN'T SELL

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another thread started by the board troll, so that he can respond to his own posts with the same responses he has given over and over again.........YAWN

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hate to inform you but moral is deterioting very quickly at a grass roots level and the so-called "troll" is on point more than you acknowledge.

Reducing your dialogue to name calling (troll?!) seems to be "bullying" and really adds nothing to this constructive feed back.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FYI to CAFEPHARMA naive readers.......when you see the someone post a "yawn" response and talk about someone "responding to their own posts" know it is someone we like to call The GSK PR/HR Hack! Most importantly when you see a post from the female GSK shill it tells you that the posted comments are ACCURATE and have hit the mark in terms of being true.

The culture at GSK right now resembles the culture and malaise in the US back in the 70's. Add to that the culture of racial (and gender strife) experienced during the 60's. Things are terrible and everyone knows it. We're waiting for our "Ronald Reagan" to come save us from the Jimmy Carter (DC) who reign we are suffering under right now.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be the person he/she referred to, so you decided to make this lame attempt to spin the story around with the last two posts.

Perhaps you should get a life outside of spending 99% of your existence populating this board.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is such a good and meaningful point. Thank you very much for taking time to share your insights. I wish we had more good people like you posting constructive comments like you.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said. Its the feeling that the best days are behind us.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, it is not

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a great place for young enployees who appreciate a great job and wonderful benefits. It's a a bad place to work for older reps who aren't used to being held accountable for anything. Lots of very complacent reps here. The funny thing is that they complain daily but don't leave. If it was that bad they wouldn't be hanging on to get a severance. Truth is they are scared to leave because they aren't sure they could be successful with another company let alone get hired in the first place.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So desperate to make excuses for their failed leadership you see a very vigorous and unrelenting effort to come on here and answer some of the more accurate and damning posts. Listen here toots.......your, "I am woman, hear me roar" initiative has failed. Choosing people to lead based on gender and skin color is a big loo-hoo, hoo-hoo-ser!!!

Oh, and one more thing......OF COURSE we're not leaving until we get our severance. You moron!!! We'll just push our start date off a bit until GSK pays up for their lack of honesty, transparency and respect for people.