GSK Training

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Jan 15, 2015 at 9:42 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not a GSK employee . Working for another pharma company. Rumors flying around that we are adopting the GSK training methods. ?? You know how things get blown out of proportion, but the things we are hearing are really bad. What's the story over there?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's the other company that you work for?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

very strenuous, time consuming, test are timed, and worst of all......there are no make-up tests.............you are gone if failed !

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Training is diabolical! And Ive been with other companies. By far the worst I've seen or experienced. Put it this way, you're not going to outsell any competitor with GSK training. And I'm not referring to the CIA agreement.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What agreement ?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Specifically, GSK agreed that it will not provide financial reward (through compensation, including incentive compensation or otherwise) or discipline (through tangible employment action) its prescribing-customer-facing field sales professionals (pharmaceutical sales representatives) or their direct managers based upon the volume of sales of GSK products within a given employee’s own territory or the manager’s district.

GSK’s Patient First program includes evaluations for sales representatives based on business acumen, customer engagement, and scientific knowledge about GSK’s products. GSK must continue its Patient First Program, or a substantially equivalent program, during the term of its CIA. GSK commits to maintaining for at least the duration of the CIA, absent agreement otherwise with the OIG, the restrictions on such tangible employment decisions set forth in its Use of Territory/Individual Sales Data policy.

In addition, GSK must establish and maintain throughout the term of its CIA a financial recoupment program that puts at risk of forfeiture and recoupment an amount equivalent to up to 3 years of annual performance pay (i.e., annual bonus, plus long term incentives) for an executive who is discovered to have been involved in any significant misconduct (Executive Financial Recoupment Program). This financial recoupment program applies to both covered executives who are either current GSK employees or who are former GSK employees at the time of a Recoupment Determination.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I CAN'T SELL!
    Thanks dc

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sure that an outsider does not know what CIA stands for !

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Training" at GSK?!? SMDH....Be very afraid if this is what is being "modeled". It is abhorent. No regard to actual effectiveness of the "training" which is appropriately titled, because trust me it cannot be called learning. It will get worse as well because they just laid off 40% of the in house folks responsible for preparing and delivering the "training". That means there will be even less ability to ensure that the learning is good learning and is effective. It will continue to get delivered very generically 100% virtual with zero regard for the sales force's needs.

There is so much content that it is like over cramming expanding dough into a container 3 sizes too small. Learning professionalism is over in GSK commercial even though the crazy thing is, effective and properly trained sales people could be the difference between the company getting back on its feet or sinking. But of course, DC hasn't got a clue what she's doing, and the person that her clone JC put in charge of training doesn't either. He's a Marketing person who's never worked anywhere else and is trying to rapidly ascend the executive ranks using the department as his stepping stone. Many bodies left in the wake after his systematic disassembly of what was once a great and effective department. Why anyone would WANT to model this for their company is beyond all comprehension.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP is a troll, planting yet another fake query.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What company would be so stupid as to adopt anything we do?