An Observation

Discussion in 'Avanir Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Dec 5, 2013 at 11:29 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

fyi_ 90% of the "low performers" have moved on and are doing great elsewhere. so isn't it funny that people are still coming back to have their voice heard? no. it was THAT bad here. it was THAT unethical. people come back bc they're THAT pissed that they were involved with a lying bunch of scumbags. avanir is a horrible choice. a top regret in one's career life. get it yet??

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Friend--I understand your observations and I still wish the best for this company. It will not arrive at its potential with its current leadership-as you agree. I was a top performer and started to have concern with the ethical nature of the company. I did not come back to this forum until I started receiving multiple calls from investigators working for different investor groups. I look at other forums as well--Fierce Biotech, Seeking Alpha, etc. My disappointment grew when I received a letter from HR after leaving the company months ago stating I need to turn in the names/numbers of the investigators to Avanir based on an agreement signed upon my departure. That agreement is only valid on material that is within the confines of the law and leaves no reasonable doubt that the material being sought is not outside that ethical confine. I left a great job to help start this company and would like to leave it behind, but consistently disappointed with their practices even after being gone (now with a much better company). I still wish this company well, but find risking a portion of my investments on Avanir is better than risking my career/livliehood. The investor side of me knowing what I know wants a total cleaning out of senior leadership or buyout. Good luck to you and hope this perspective helps add more substance to your continued observation.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let me give you another perspective. I am a current Avanir employee, and read this message board every once in a while because unfortunately when working in this industry (and especially for a company like Avanir) it is the only way to find out what is going on. To give you an idea of what I mean, when the gravity report came out, we were given no guidance on what to say to our clients until almost two full days later. I have never posted anything on here before, but upon reading this thread, felt obliged to tell you what it is really like working here.

I guess you would call me a “middle of the road” performer; I am not here to whine, nor complain about the upper management (there has been enough commentary on that already, all true). To comment on your success (and how you claim things work in the business world): Here is what happens with “top performers” in the business world: work hard, work smart, know your business, take criticism, better yourself every day, strive to be in the top 20%, achieve your goals, get promoted, etc. This is what happens with most top performers in pharma; throw in some unique obstacles (but obstacles come with every job, overcoming obstacles is what makes top performers great). Here is what happens at Avanir: management has hired a subset of ONLY top performers at other companies. ALL Avanir sales reps have been extraordinarily successful in their careers; it’s a pre-requisite to working here. You sink or swim according to 1) luck (eg having a speaker in your territory who prescribes an insane amount of Nuedexta 2) willingness to sell off label. Working hard (or smart) does not matter.

Bottom line: doctors do not care about PBA. Sure, it is out there, and we DO change peoples lives. BUT, those cases are so few and far between, the doctors feel like proactively trying to find PBA in their patient population when the patients are not complaining about it, is a waste of their time. And understandably so. If you are waiting for a big jump in sales because a few (or 30) more reps are added, based on the PBA market, you will be holding your breath for a long time.

I also wish most employed by this company (and even some of the management) well. I have met some of the most intelligent and talented sales reps I have ever encountered during my career at Avanir. Please don’t knock us for being out there, day after day, to get laughed at by our doctors, ultimately to make you money. I would love to see you do our jobs.

I don’t doubt that some of the same people post on these message boards day after day. But, disgruntled former employees or not, “low performers” or not, they all speak the truth. Another truth: “top performers” are leaving this company, and leaving behind good bonuses to disassociate themselves from the name that Avanir has made for itself…and that speaks volumes. And as for the investors, I think most of you agree with us about what has been going on here with the management.

Yes we all like the money we make here, and are grateful for our jobs in today's marketplace. Some, for this reason, would never leave. But I don’t think there are many who would not welcome the opportunity to be bought out, to end this chapter of our careers before it is too late, or at least for some MAJOR changes to occur. Here's hoping it happens.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thoughtful & well said.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow!! agreed...well said

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been invested in Avanir for quite some time and nothing surprises me about the company anymore. Two of its biggest problems, a history of self-enrichment by seriously flawed management and a tenacious short selling network aligned against it. As I'm sure you know, there are some 17-18 million Avanir shares sold short and these short selling hedge funds bet big and wrong on FDA approval, play hardball and don't like to lose. They will attempt to exploit any weakness where the company may be vulnerable. They may understandably be seen by some here as an opportunity to get some payback for real or perceived slights by the company, but everyone should know these entities are not white knights, they are snakes. They've destroyed and attempted to destroy numerous pharma development companies with promising drugs that could save lives and alleviate suffering. All for greed.

I appreciate your message (and the one posted yesterday). My goal was to share my observations based on my experience and stimulate some thoughtful discussion. I've learned from the responses it generated. This board is for the company's reps and I've said what I had to say. I plan on this to be my final post to this message board. I wish you and the others well.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top performer to the investor: down 61 cents!!! Wow
    Top performer 1 investor 0

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey, Mr Big Observation investor, VP asshole!! What about the stock you shit head? You knew so much? over a dollar drop and below $3 ???

I have an observation from my humble place in life as a pharma rep, never being good enought to be a DM or more a great person like you , mr VP asshole. . The stock dropped over a dollar- bad. I dont need to say , i was a former VP know it all and the company is doing this wrong and that wrong. blah , blah , blah blah. This is whats wrong with thiw wolrd , people like YOU!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What the heck are you talking about here ??

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Investor, take a look at some of the other company boards on Cafepharma. It's all the same crap. Most of the negative posts are either from those who are just trying to raise crap for the fun of it, or are just the negative complaining minority.

As a rep for Avanir, I like to read these posts every now and then because they are entertaining, not because they are accurate.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok Michael or Henry or Denise or home office person: True. Alot of crap is posted on Cafe Pharma. However, alot of truth is also posted so don't fool yourself. If you are so happy and need entertainment then I highly doubt you'd come here. Actually, a very high percentage of stuff posted on Avanir is true.

1. Off label promotion
    2. Poor upper management leadership
    3. Shady practices
    4. Reps pulling charts at nursing homes and actually calling the CIC's at Omnicare
    5. Poor relationship with Omnicare for years.
    6. Did I say rampant off label promotion and reps getting paid on these off label scripts vs other companies that scrub their data for off label prescribing and do not give rep credit for these. Not at Avanir!
    How's that for entertainment

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Truth.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The truth is that all companies have off label sales and all promote off label to some extent. What it comes down to is the off label indication being sold. The FDA will do nothing about our off label sales as they have not denied any of the indications currently being tested. All of you disgruntled minions here that think we're gonna get in trouble for off label are truely misguided.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The truth is ......you are wrong! Off label selling goes on everywhere to some extent but not always and yes........many companies do scrub their data and do NOT pay on these off label scripts! So Ms. Home Office person (probably the new HR woman)....................you are wrong and Avanir IS a dirty company.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you think the top NAMs who get 75+ scripts a week are getting any off label usage ?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes. Of course alot of these scripts are for off label! What do YOU think?!!!!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this a 12 year old just surfing the net for fun?